Explorer of the Seas Hints & Tips

Hi guys,

I will be sailing on this ship in August, 2020, and I would like to know any tips and tricks that we could benefit from.  We are traveling on a huge budget so I want to try to stretch our money as much as possible. 

Btw, I’m new to this blog so hello!!!  I am sailing with my hubby and two teenage daughters. 

Thanks!

Welcome to the Blog...lots of good info here.

However, Explorer of the Seas hasn't been around here much(o think over in Asia?) so may not be a lot of info yet like that as I don't know anyone that has cruised her recently.

However, with 18mths till you cruise you should be able to glean some information here. I am sure the more experienced members here will be able to offer further insight.

Enjoy the countdown to the cruise!

6 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Welcome to the Blog...lots of good info here.

However, Explorer of the Seas hasn't been around here much(o think over in Asia?) so may not be a lot of info yet like that as I don't know anyone that has cruised her recently.

However, with 18mths till you cruise you should be able to glean some information here. I am sure the more experienced members here will be able to offer further insight.

Enjoy the countdown to the cruise!

Thanks for the warm welcome!  We are very excited about our cruise, even though it is still so far away.  It will be our daughters' Christmas present!  Can't wait.

I'll be onboard Explorer of the Seas in March this year (a month and a day to go, very excited!). Wouldn't call myself an experienced cruiser, as this is only my second ever cruise, but I'm very keen - it's only been almost 2 years since I made my booking!

Explorer cruises out of Australia in our summer, and we'll be going to the South Pacific.

If there's anything in particular you want to know about, let me know and I'll see what I can find out for you!

5 minutes ago, June May said:

I'll be onboard Explorer of the Seas in March this year (a month and a day to go, very excited!). Wouldn't call myself an experienced cruiser, as this is only my second ever cruise, but I'm very keen - it's only been almost 2 years since I made my booking!

Explorer cruises out of Australia in our summer, and we'll be going to the South Pacific.

If there's anything in particular you want to know about, let me know and I'll see what I can find out for you!

Hi June,

How exciting!!!  I’m sure you’re going to have a wonderful time.  What a beautiful destination!  We’re take the ship through the Greek Isles  

Okay here are a few questions:

-Are any of the specialty restaurants worth the money? (Do they have reduced rates on the dining if reserved on the ship)

-Do they offer any specials once you’re on the ship? (reduced rates on the drink packages)

-Will they refurbish the ship on April, 2020? What will be refurbished on the ship?

-Are they still offering the mystery dinner option?  How much?

-Aby other tips or tricks you can remember  

Thank you so much. Please don’t go out of your way to find these answers for me. This is just if you happen to stumble upon any of this information. ? 

18 hours ago, Clary Requeny said:

Hi June,

-Are they still offering the mystery dinner option?  How much? 

Thank you so much. Please don’t go out of your way to find these answers for me. This is just if you happen to stumble upon any of this information. ? 

I've noted your other questions, but this one I can answer right away - yes, the Mystery Dinner Theatre is on offer. Cruise planner price right now is $109 pp but that's Australian $. It works out to about $80 US.

I thought about booking it, but I'm already booked for the Chef's Table and figured next time on Explorer I could do the Mystery Dinner Theatre - hope that decision doesn't bite me on the behind!

5 minutes ago, June May said:

I've noted your other questions, but this one I can answer right away - yes, the Mystery Dinner Theatre is on offer. Cruise planner price right now is $109 pp but that's Australian $. It works out to about $80 US.

I thought about booking it, but I'm already booked for the Chef's Table and figured next time on Explorer I could do the Mystery Dinner Theatre - hope that decision doesn't bite me on the behind!

Thanks so much June.  The Chef's Table sounds like an amazing experience.  You'll have to let me know how it goes.  We are traveling two teenagers so I am sure they will enjoy the mystery dining more though.