Entertainment

RebWard

I am 68 days away from cruise on Harmony of the Seas and the Cruise Planner will not allow me to make entertainment reservations.  I heard from one call rep that they were changing the entertainment lineup so that was why I could not make reservations.  Does anyone know what’s going on or when I should be able to make reservations for shows on the the ship?

5 minutes ago, RebWard said:

Does anyone know what’s going on or when I should be able to make reservations for shows on the the ship?

The short answer is there is no real way to tell, just keep checking back.

It seems recently RC has lessened the amount of time before a cruise when entertainment becomes available for booking. Not sure why, but seems to be a trend lately.

Eventually it will be there and you aren't doing anything wrong. Just check back later.

We just did the back stage tour on Allure and that question was asked of the actors and actress that came out and even though they said nothing is in concrete they typically don't change major shows like Grease until a ship goes in dry dock and even then it is not always true.

I asked the Technical director on Oasis last September and without an official answer, he listed off the licensing agreement for Cats is coming to an end and that at drydock, the sound board is being changed out. All point to a new show. Also stated, big production shows only change in drydock because the sets are so huge. I believe we were told the backdrop space goes up to deck 9 or higher. 

48 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Phantom, maybe ?  

That would be awesome!

When we first sailed OA, Hairspray was on it.  Did not like it then.  I have never seen Cats and have zero desire to.  Then they bring Hairspray back SY and that is a huge disappointment.  Really hoping that the AMPed OA gets something good.

10 hours ago, Irieman said:

Also stated, big production shows only change in drydock because the sets are so huge. I believe we were told the backdrop space goes up to deck 9 or higher. 

On Allure, Our guide told us it goes all the up to the Spa, he mentioned something about a bump or wall in the spa, I did not go look to see what he was talking about, but the spa is on 5&6, so at a minimum it would be 3, 4 and 5.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I WISH it would be Jersey Boys but I know that's impossible as NCL has that one.  ?

Someone asked this question and the guide had the same answer.

He gave no hint what might replace Cats.

2 hours ago, tiny260 said:

On Allure, Our guide told us it goes all the up to the Spa, he mentioned something about a bump or wall in the spa, I did not go look to see what he was talking about, but the spa is on 5&6, so at a minimum it would be 3, 4 and 5.

Someone asked this question and the guide had the same answer.

He gave no hint what might replace Cats.

I'm on the 12/1/19 Oasis. It's suppose to get out of dry dock 11/23 so we'll see.....

1 hour ago, Suite Cruisin said:

Does anybody know who the Cruise Director will be on the Harmony this June?

13 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Interested to find out, I will be on here in October.

Marc Walker is the regular CD on Harmony now.  He is on vacation right now but returns late March.  The are usually on 4 month contracts so he will likely still be on by June.