On the O class ships (Which might be the only ships that offer it, I've never researched) it is held in the Solarium Bistro. I've tried it once on Allure, I liked the idea of the Brazilian Steak House on board, food tasted good, service was good etc.. I think I was on food overload though, my wife and I booked it the last night of the cruise (Where we had the Ultimate Dinning package) so by the time I had eaten a salad off of the salad bar I was already stuffed, so by the time I eat some steak I was miserable.

@WAAAYTOOO , points out that it is on the casual end of dinning, no table clothes on the tables, salad bar etc..

As John said, I can no longer recommend Samba.  Back when we first started cruising on Allure, it was a fun dinner. They had the place decorated and it looked great.  They had a cute little "carnivale" show with dancers in beautiful costumes.  Now it's a dull and uninteresting venue and the food is unimpressive.  If you are a BIG meat eater then you will probably enjoy the food...but be careful NOT to fill up on the cheap cuts that they serve first.  They save the good stuff for the end.  The last time we were on Allure we were Star Class so we tried it just b/c it was available to us but I would not bother with it again - even if it's free.

Frankly, I hope when Allure goes into dry dock next year, they will replace that venue with Hooked.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:17 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

As John said, I can no longer recommend Samba.  Back when we first started cruising on Allure, it was a fun dinner. They had the place decorated and it looked great.  They had a cute little "carnivale" show with dancers in beautiful costumes.  Now it's a dull and uninteresting venue and the food is unimpressive.  If you are a BIG meat eater then you will probably enjoy the food...but be careful NOT to fill up on the cheap cuts that they serve first.  They save the good stuff for the end.  The last time we were on Allure we were Star Class so we tried it just b/c it was available to us but I would not bother with it again - even if it's free.

Frankly, I hope when Allure goes into dry dock next year, they will replace that venue with Hooked.

Ack...I thought I remembered you saying this...we have it booked for night 7...  We wanted to do something that isn't on the other ships we have been on or will be (we will do chops and Giovanni's on vision this summer).  Hmmmm... Will have to give it some more thought.  Jane

On 1/29/2019 at 10:07 AM, tiny260 said:

On the O class ships (Which might be the only ships that offer it, I've never researched) it is held in the Solarium Bistro. I've tried it once on Allure, I liked the idea of the Brazilian Steak House on board, food tasted good, service was good etc.. I think I was on food overload though, my wife and I booked it the last night of the cruise (Where we had the Ultimate Dinning package) so by the time I had eaten a salad off of the salad bar I was already stuffed, so by the time I eat some steak I was miserable.

@WAAAYTOOO , points out that it is on the casual end of dinning, no table clothes on the tables, salad bar etc..

We have it booked for the last night...we didn't get the udp because we wanted to do the hibachi at izumi.  We did get the BOGO though and booked izumi and Samba so hopefully we won't be in food overload!  Jane

7 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

We have it booked for the last night...we didn't get the udp because we wanted to do the hibachi at izumi.  We did get the BOGO though and booked izumi and Samba so hopefully we won't be in food overload!  Jane

If you are a protein/meat lover, skip lunch and take it lightly on the salad bar and do some damage, lol.

22 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Ack...I thought I remembered you saying this...we have it booked for night 7...  We wanted to do something that isn't on the other ships we have been on or will be (we will do chops and Giovanni's on vision this summer).  Hmmmm... Will have to give it some more thought.  Jane

Hi Jane. When do you sail? Would you mind doing some recon, e.g., photos and your impressions? Liz

Just now, Baked Alaska said:

Hi Jane. When do you sail? Would you mind doing some recon, e.g., photos and your impressions? Liz

We sail March 24.  I totally don't mind if I can figure out how to compress the pics enough when I get back!  I won't have voom so I'm planning on livish blogging.  Will definitely give my opinion on Samba.  Jane

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes, @Baked Alaska let me know what you need recon of.  I'm on it. 38 days!!

Always need more recon. . . and cowbell! From the posts I'm reading it seems like the "saving the good wine until the end" kind of thing. So, definitely interested in everyone's perspective. THANK YOU! That can't be spring break already in Canada, no?

Just now, Baked Alaska said:

Always need more recon. . . and cowbell! From the posts I'm reading it seems like the "saving the good wine until the end" kind of thing. So, definitely interested in everyone's perspective. THANK YOU! That can't be spring break already in Canada, no?

It is in Ontario.  That's the week for K-12.

I might be wrong but I don't think that it is Samba on Harmony.  It's Solarium Bistro at night but with a menu.  I will definitely find out for you even if I am not eating there.  If I forget, just remind me when I am live blogging.  

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It is in Ontario.  That's the week for K-12.

I might be wrong but I don't think that it is Samba on Harmony.  It's Solarium Bistro at night but with a menu.  I will definitely find out for you even if I am not eating there.  If I forget, just remind me when I am live blogging.  

Looking for to your liveblog.