Recommended excursions for teens - St. Kitts, St. Thomas and Nassau

Suma

First time cruise on Symphony of the Seas in April 2019.  Looking for recommendations for excursions in Basseterre, St. Kitts, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas and Nassau, Bahamas.  Traveling with 5 active teenagers.  Interested in dolphin experience on 1 of these islands, not sure which one is best and most affordable.  Also, any recommendations for third party tours vs RC booked?  Thank you?

St Kitts my wife and I did a ATV tour, you couldn't go 100 MPH but it was fun, there is a volcano hike on ST. Kitts but what people have said on here is that you really have to be in excellent condition to do this.

St Thomas/St Johns, this is always a beach/snorkel stop, can't beat the beaches here.

Nassau Segway tour has been fun.

Magens bay was great in St. Thomas, but it doesn't have "aqua parks" per se, so not sure it works for you.  We also took at ferry to St. John's and the beaches there are the most beautiful I have seen in my 4 cruises!.  Again, no bells and whistles.  We did the dolphins in Cozumel which was great, so I don't have any eastern Caribbean advice on that.  St. Kitts was a challenge for us...I'd love advice on that.  On that day we got off for an hour, and then frankly were done.  We went back on the ship and really enjoyed having the chance to try things on the boat without as many people!  Have a great trip!  Jane

• 2 weeks later...

It may not be the most fun for teens but we have gone to Carambola Beach Club several times and it is a wonderful place! You can snorkel from the beach on your own and there is a little secluded area right next to it that is great for snorkeling. I think the taxi ride is $8 per person round trip but it's been 2 years since we have been there so don't quote me on that. Good luck!

20180116_132712.jpg

20180116_130654.jpg

In St. Kitts we booked the safari tours.  It can be purchased via the ship or independently, Greg's safari tour.  The vehicle is open on the sides but covered 4x4 vehicle if I remember correctly that took us around the highlights of the island including a stop at to one of the higher points on the island which gave a great view of St. Kitts and neighboring islands.  There was a stop at a beach club for approximately 1 hour as well.  It was very informative and gave a great overview and history of the island.  This is a good option if want a good sampling of St. Kitts.  We found booking through the ship to be almost the same price as booking elsewhere.

• 5 months later...

@lauraodonnell86 - We're planning to spend a day at Carambola Beach Club in a few weeks. Is it possible to rent snorkel gear there, or should we bring our own? Do you recall about how much you paid for a round trip taxi? Any other recommendations regarding Carambola? I'm planning to book chairs and umbrellas on their website. Thanks!

1 minute ago, GoodAtStuffAndThings said:

@lauraodonnell86 - We're planning to spend a day at Carambola Beach Club in a few weeks. Is it possible to rent snorkel gear there, or should we bring our own? Do you recall about how much you paid for a round trip taxi? Any other recommendations regarding Carambola? I'm planning to book chairs and umbrellas on their website. Thanks!

Oops. Just reread your comment and saw that you actually mentioned the taxi price. ?

11 hours ago, GoodAtStuffAndThings said:

We always bring our own snorkel gear. I don't remember seeing a place to rent it. I think you will really enjoy it!

On 1/28/2019 at 8:02 PM, mom2mybugs said:

St. Kitts was a challenge for us...I'd love advice on that. 

Jane and all. I have recommended Thenford Grey Tours in St Kitts many times and everyone has loved them. He is highly rated (5 stars on Trip Advisor and touted on many message boards) and has several types of tours to choose from. We did the Grand Tour of St. Kitts. No matter which you choose. You will NOT be disappointed.

My avatar is from one of the spots he took us...it's where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Caribbean Sea.

He was born and raised in St Kitts and has more knowledge of his home than I've ever seen and one of the nicest gentlemen we have ever net. If you happen to get a different tour guide, you'll still be fine..they are family.

@Suma. This is a third party company so not to be booked through Royal, but they will definitely get you back to the ship with time to spare.