Martinis on Brilliance?

Firefly

as long as the bar is stocked appropriately, you can essentially order any drink from any of the bars.  Chocolate martini's are pretty much a staple drink so you shouldn't have any issue on any of the ships.  it may not be on the menu at all bars but you can certainly still ask for them to make you one.

34 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Have you tried Blanton's Bourbon?

absolutely!  i'm a huge fan of all things from Buffalo Trace.   Thats a great sipping bourbon, never tried it mixed in a drink.   I got hooked on Bulleit when we went to NOLA and haven't tried anything else in my Old Fashioned's since.  

22 hours ago, twangster said:

Brilliance in two days.  I have the drink package ?

Im not afraid to experiment some, tell me what my next drink order should be...   maybe I’ll try it.  

Tiramisu Martini. We seriously skipped dessert the last 4 nights of our Oasis cruise and enjoyed drinking dessert. Yes, they are slightly over the drink package limit, but we thought they were well worth it. The Chocolate Martini was was covered in the package so we indulged on those other times.

Have a great cruise!

Just off of Brilliance, and my wife's drink of choice to end the night was a chocolate martini in the Schooner Bar.  She was wary of going off script, since they had made such a great one in the champagne bar on Oasis as noted above.  The gentleman behind the bar was... methodical... but the end result was excellent.  He also kept refilling her glass from anything left in his mixer so it was like 1.5 drinks, which was not bad for a non drink package cruise.  

On 1/30/2019 at 10:44 AM, Todd W said:

absolutely!  i'm a huge fan of all things from Buffalo Trace.   Thats a great sipping bourbon, never tried it mixed in a drink.   I got hooked on Bulleit when we went to NOLA and haven't tried anything else in my Old Fashioned's since.  

We did a tasting at buffalo Trace.  I'm not a huge bourbon fan but I liked the stuff that was like Bailey's, only with bourbon instead of Irish whiskey.  Jane

On 1/30/2019 at 4:50 PM, JLMoran said:

Thought of another one, @twangster -- iced coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream. Had one of those every night on my Bermuda sailing as an after-dinner drink and really liked it! But be warned -- have it after dinner and you'll be awake until the wee hours!

Would you have to be in a restaurant to get this?  Most bars wouldn't have coffee, right?  Or I guess you could get a shot of Bailey's and then go to park Cafe and get coffee and make your own.  This sounds awesome!  I will have to try this...I did have Bailey's in my HOT coffee when it was -49.5 the other day! Jane

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2019 at 4:39 PM, Firefly said:

my favorite dessert martini is the Tiramisu Martini at Champagne Bar, but I know the chances of other bars having the marscapone cheese for it are slim. 

well shoot...I don't drink...like maybe in my lifetime I've had a total of 20 drinks...several of those on a cruise...but my favorite dessert, hands-down, ever, in the history of the world, is Tiramisu...seriously...a Tiramisu Martini? I'm swooning.  ?

On 3/14/2019 at 12:49 PM, JennyB said:

well shoot...I don't drink...like maybe in my lifetime I've had a total of 20 drinks...several of those on a cruise...but my favorite dessert, hands-down, ever, in the history of the world, is Tiramisu...seriously...a Tiramisu Martini? I'm swooning.  ?

Tiramisu is my favorite dessert ever too, which is why I tried the Tiramisu Martini. I seriously skipped desserts in the MDR after discovering them and just went to the Champagne Bar on Oasis for dessert instead. Soooo good. 

On 1/30/2019 at 5:50 PM, JLMoran said:

Thought of another one, @twangster -- iced coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream. Had one of those every night on my Bermuda sailing as an after-dinner drink and really liked it! But be warned -- have it after dinner and you'll be awake until the wee hours!

Is it easy get it decaf?? Are they good about brewing fresh pots?  I want Baileys and decaf every night, please.  

19 hours ago, Linda216 said:

Is it easy get it decaf?? Are they good about brewing fresh pots?  I want Baileys and decaf every night, please.  

I'm sure if you asked your waiter, he/she could do that for you. They always have decaf available. And honestly, if it wasn't for the fact I was wired every night I'd never have known there was coffee in it -- where I was expecting black coffee with just a splash of Bailey's, it looked and tasted more like it was 30% coffee and 70% Bailey's! ?

29 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I'm sure if you asked your waiter, he/she could do that for you. They always have decaf available. And honestly, if it wasn't for the fact I was wired every night I'd never have known there was coffee in it -- where I was expecting black coffee with just a splash of Bailey's, it looked and tasted more like it was 30% coffee and 70% Bailey's! ?

Ohhh. That sounds perfect.  You’re making the case for the drink package. I mean if I have 3 fruity drinks in the day, 3 glasses of wine in the evening, maybe a baileys and coffee....bottled water all day....why wouldn’t I, right? 

6 hours ago, Linda216 said:

Ohhh. That sounds perfect.  You’re making the case for the drink package. I mean if I have 3 fruity drinks in the day, 3 glasses of wine in the evening, maybe a baileys and coffee....bottled water all day....why wouldn’t I, right? 

Man, what I would give for a liver that could once again keep up with that rate of consumption every single day!