Oasis Royal Promenade

I only have experience with Mariner OTS, where the Royal Promenade is an long enclosed "atrium". Looking at the pictures of Oasis OTS is looks like the promenade is open at the top to the heavens. After reading the live blog on Brilliance OTS I began wondering what do you do when the ship encounters bad weather and you don't feel like getting wet. Don't the shops and bars open to the promenade? 

The royal promenade is on deck 5 and is just like the one on the Mariner, enclosed. The Boardwalk and Central Park area are open to the elements. The restaurants in Central Park have large umbrellas available to use to get to the restaurants, we had to use them once, really not a big deal, as the walk is very short! 

14 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

After reading the live blog on Brilliance OTS I began wondering what do you do when the ship encounters bad weather and you don't feel like getting wet. Don't the shops and bars open to the promenade?

There is no Promenade on Brilliance. Brilliance has a Centrum.