Thought I'd Share This ...

Thought I'd share a post from a friend on another board :

"Get ready for sticker shock. First voyage of 2019 and everything is priced through the roof. A glass of sparkling wine that was $7 is now $11, a Fosters is now $11 up from 7.50, and Chops is off the charts at $59/pp. Wandering around Allure buzzed in complete disbelief. Our line is now pricing above that of all-inclusive cruise lines. You’ve been warned. Wondering where I’m going to cruise now... this is insanity."

As many have expressed their disappointment in RCCL, I suggest anyone who enjoys these "extras" to either do the math and think about the cost effectiveness of RCCL's drink packages and dining packages (I believe @Matt covered this topic in his blog very well), bring your own one litre bottle onboard, go cold turkey or as many have considered - jump ship to another cruise line.  Remember that RCCL is a business and the mighty dollar will always rule. 

1 hour ago, princevaliantus said:

Remember that RCCL is a business and the mighty dollar will always rule

Your implication by this statement is that the competition cruise lines are not businesses and the almighty dollar does not matter. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the competition cruise lines "jumps ship" (see how I did that) and bumps up their prices likewise. :27_sunglasses:

5 minutes ago, rjac said:

Your implication by this statement is that the competition cruise lines are not businesses and the almighty dollar does not matter. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the competition cruise lines "jumps ship" (see how I did that) and bumps up their prices likewise. :27_sunglasses:

Your assumption is totally misinterpreted. My statement is simple. RCCL is a business and would look for profit, just like the other cruise lines do. "Jumping ship" is an option everyone has to get a better deal/pricing, if they can, for the moment. ?

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Your friend is a liar.  On board a ship now drinking Fosters and it’s now $9.53 with gratuity included (a slight increase over the previous price)

Exagerate much?

It's not nice to accuse someone of lying if you were not on the same ship and sail date as we all know things change per ship and per sail date. Moreover, you just stated "a slight increase over the previous price" which just substantiates that there is an increase. Might be that they are testing what price they can get away with. In addition,  calling someone a liar whom you personally do not know is offensive.

22 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

Interesting that in the cocktail category, only the basic, Classic drinks are now covered by the beverage package limit of $12. 

Keep in mind on the Oasis class the covered amount is $13.

Also think those "Royal Signature Cocktails" was a trial thing. Haven't seen those listed for some time.

Well those would be 50% increases...so if true, saying its "through the roof" is fair.

If the same product jumped 50% in 2 mths.....no matter what it is, that's insane....

Nobody seems to care or think it will happen...I keep saying..Royal is going to price itself out of the market soon...not to mention all the extra capacity its brining online in the next few years....just give it time....:37_disappointed:

It is one of the most expensive cruise lines out there of the major ones that cater to the mass market......on any given day I can find cheaper cruises with Carnival, Celebrity, Holland, Norwegian and usually with more perks and offers as well!

I see why people complain about pricing and I don't think the poster on other board liars. I noticed it myself. I already start on jump ship that why I try MSC cruise and will know how is it in about 80 days. I priced the same date MSC and Royal for my MED cruise and I cannot book Royal. It was double $ from MSC. The price on the MSC cruise is great so I can spend extra money on the food, drink and excursion. However, I still love Royal Caribbean and still looking for the deal on Royal. I find one on Symphony for October and I YOLO it. You still can find the deal with Royal even though harder now a day and if you do not want anything extra like drink packages, special dining, spa or suite that would make your cost lower. 

9 minutes ago, Susie said:

I see why people complain about pricing and I don't think the poster on other board liars. I noticed it myself. I already start on jump ship that why I try MSC cruise and will know how is it in about 80 days. I priced the same date MSC and Royal for my MED cruise and I cannot book Royal. It was double $ from MSC. The price on the MSC cruise is great so I can spend extra money on the food, drink and excursion. However, I still love Royal Caribbean and still looking for the deal on Royal. I find one on Symphony for October and I YOLO it. You still can find the deal with Royal even though harder now a day and if you do not want anything extra like drink packages, special dining, spa or suite that would make your cost lower. 

Let us know how MSC Med  cruise went. I'm interested in doing MED on MSC.