C&A points - question

Maybe someone here knows, maybe not - but I'm confused. I've had 2 previous RC cruises, and I have 15 points.  My cruises were 7 nights and 10 nights in length.  I'm no math whiz, but wouldn't that be 17 points?  Underneath each cruise it says "Points earned: 1", but at the top of the page it does say 15 total points. I'm kind of afraid to email them and ask .. they might demote it to 2 points! Anyone know if the point accrual was just less way back in the day?

points.PNG

My mum has the same problem. She joined the c&a in 2017 although sailed on Indy in 2009. When checking her account she had 1 point instead of 1 point for each night. She waited to speak to a c&a rep wheh we sailed the next time who sorted it out for her and gave the correct points. It was due to a change in the way points were awarded now it’s points per night before a certain date it was points per cruise although can’t recall the date of change. 

Just now, JamesGurner said:

My mum has the same problem. She joined the c&a in 2017 although sailed on Indy in 2009. When checking her account she had 1 point instead of 1 point for each night. She waited to speak to a c&a rep wheh we sailed the next time who sorted it out for her and gave the correct points. It was due to a change in the way points were awarded now it’s points per night before a certain date it was points per cruise although can’t recall the date of change. 

Thank you, James - I'll contact C&A. Nice to know it isn't just me :)

When the conversion was made from 1 point per cruise to 1 point per night, every cruise (regardless of length) was counted as 7 points. An extra point was added to that total to account for the possibility of longer cruises.

2 cruises =14 points + 1 extra = 15 like you see.

Those who took longer (e.g. 10 night) cruises didn't get what would now be considered "full credit" but those who sailed shorter (3 or 4 night) itineraries made out like bandits.

Just now, HeWhoWaits said:

When the conversion was made from 1 point per cruise to 1 point per night, every cruise (regardless of length) was counted as 7 points. An extra point was added to that total to account for the possibility of longer cruises.

2 cruises =14 points + 1 extra = 15 like you see.

Those who took longer (e.g. 10 night) cruises didn't get what would now be considered "full credit" but those who sailed shorter (3 or 4 night) itineraries made out like bandits.

Thank you for the explanation, and BOOOOOOO.    ?