Oasis of the Seas

Shaun.maz

Arrived home after two weeks on Oasis and received my feedback emails but the content of the email is blank, so can't leave my comments.

Thought I would do it on here.

Oasis is a lovely ship, the crew in general a very polite and give good service. We noticed that this wasn't always the case between crew members, some seemed to be ingored by their fellow crew depending on their status. Definite, them and us attitude.

The shows were excellent. Cats was sublime, the cast were real professionals and portrayed the story brilliantly. It's a shame that our American cousins don't seem to get the story and leave after the first half of the show. Perhaps it is to long or they don't understand the story.

Is it on the right ships even?

Come fly with me was also just as good, again the cast were brilliant. The guys flying on the umbrellas were superb. Hanging from hands and feet with no harness was just breathtaking.

Unfortunately due to Hurricanes we had our itinerary changed so ended up in Costa Maya and Cozumel in stead of St Marteen and St Thomas which was a shame but it was the right thing to do.

The food on the ship was relatively good. The portion sizes varied hugely, some meals we just right some the portions were massive and too much to eat. Chop Grille was awesome, polite staff and excellent food.

It was nice to see some of the cast enjoying a meal on the Friday evening farewell show on Royal Promanade. Give us chance to tell that what we thought of the shows.

My main surprise was the level of disregard to the dining standards in respect to the correct clothing to be worn. At no time was anyone challenged which made the rules clear stated in the daily cruise compass pointless.

Also my final comment was the lack of instance of sanitiser, this was available at the entrance to envy area of the ship, it wasn't until midway through our second week until it became more obvious that sanitiser was being pushed as a must do process.

Since our return we have heard that the ship has been deep cleaned twice

Great comments, thank you for sharing!

My main surprise was the level of disregard to the dining standards in respect to the correct clothing to be worn. At no time was anyone challenged which made the rules clear stated in the daily cruise compass pointless.

Royal Caribbean does tend to infrequently enforce its rules, which is frustrating as a guest.  I don't mind the rules but when you adhere to them and others do not it does send the wrong message.  

I've thought on a few occasions to speak to the head waiter as to why the rules are not more stringently followed but others have pointed out what others do in terms of clothes to wear should not impact me and it's true.  Our family enjoys getting dressed up for dinner, so for us we do what we like and try not to worry about others.

Royal Caribbean does tend to infrequently enforce its rules, which is frustrating as a guest.  I don't mind the rules but when you adhere to them and others do not it does send the wrong message.  

Matt,

I agree. Royal Caribbean and rules? Doesn't really happen--ESPECIALLY in the dining room (though my partner was turned away at breakfast in the dining room for wearing a tank top on Majesty--WHAT?). HOWEVER, on my most recent Enchantment sailing, I saw a pool deck supervisor (the person in charge of all of the pool deck attendants) approach a boy that was (surprise!) not being supervised by a parent. She said "i spoke to you yesterday, and again today--you cannot continue to jump into the pool right in front of people." (This was in the main pool, but not the kids area). She was NOT having it. She wasn't rude or mean, but strict. I later went over and thanked her, telling her that I'd imagine it's difficult to do that job sometimes, but she should know that MANY cruisers REALLY appreciate it.

She nearly cried. Then I nearly cried. Made her day. 

We went to the Meet the Stars and the Behind the Scenes tour when we were on Oasis last May. OMG! VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!! Both those events completely changed my opinion of RCL stage performances, the ability of the performers, and the amount of $$$ and effort to put on the shows. I'm a changed man! 

While both these events may be for upper level C and A members; you don't necessarily get carded at the door and they don't take attendance. So I think it's safe to say that interested adults who can behave themselves are just as welcome as folks who get the invitation slipped under their door.I strongly recommend going; it will be yet another Oasis experience in which you totally forget you are on a ship. And still another Oasis experience which is completely different than your other experiences even though they are very close in proximity.

Sorry Andrew Lloyd Webber, there are some format issues with your Cats production. 1) Not everyone understands London vernacular. So, a lot of what your characters say goes right over the heads of English speakers from other parts of the world  2) The story is far from a cliff hanger  3) The costumes and set are fantastic! But by the end of the first act the audience has seen them all. And finally 4) Memory is sung at the end of the first act. If there is a song on Broadway that says "Shows Over" it's Memory.

BUT......Had those exiting audience members been the the Behind the Scenes and/or Meet the Cast; they would have a whole new appreciation for the production and would be glued to their seats too amazed to even shake the paws of Deuteronomy.