Favorite non-Broadway show on a Royal Caribbean ship?

Matt

While on the Indy we saw a show called the Bohemians which was a Queen tribute act and they were really good.  :D 

If you like Queen and they are ever on your ship ship go see them as they are as close to the real thing as it gets, vocals are spot on and the show is non stop music.

My wife is a big fan of the ice show on Freedom of the Seas

Actually we have to say that that the ice show on the Independence was good but what impressed us the most was how the performers managed to spin , jump and even backflip on ice while the boat was rolling... AWESOME SKILL  :D

Actually we have to say that that the ice show on the Independence was good but what impressed us the most was how the performers managed to spin , jump and even backflip on ice while the boat was rolling... AWESOME SKILL  :D

Yes, I have to agree.  I've seen the show a few times and even with the ship really moving they pull off the tricks flawlessly.  Quite impressive

The best thing for me about a cruise is that everything I enjoy (sun, food, entertainment, shopping, productions/performances/shows) all happen within walking distance and I never have to drive anywhere! And the nicest way to end an evening after an awesome meal is to see a live production.

I'm a big fan of production shows, Broadway, ice skating etc. I will say that I have seen many shows onboard Royal Caribbean ships and some are high quality while others are somewhat dorky or even embarrassing to watch.

One of my all time favorite shows I've seen onboard a Royal Caribbean ship was "Now You See It" The Magic of Drew Thomas onboard Freedom of the Seas (Hairspray on Oasis of the Seas was also equally great).

Drew Thomas was on America's Got Talent and now has a permanent show onboard Freedom of the Seas. I think the show is performed twice per cruise (on the same night) and I think Drew flies to meet the ship? I don't know, but he does other things besides his once a week show onboard the ship. So I don't know how that works!

The show is filled with videos, upbeat music, (not regular pop cover music), dancing, and of course magic! 

Here is a "Now You See It" preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySsIejBhWb8

The ending show number "Snow" is the most amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2g6020QZU

Hey Tyler how you doin.

I love magic shows :) , unfortunately we missed the one on the independence.

We are hoping that the ship we sail on next year has a Broadway show like Saturday Night Fever or The Bodyguard as the Independence only had a ships production which was ok but not as good as watching something from the big stage.

Hey Tyler how you doin.

I love magic shows :) , unfortunately we missed the one on the independence.

We are hoping that the ship we sail on next year has a Broadway show like Saturday Night Fever or The Bodyguard as the Independence only had a ships production which was ok but not as good as watching something from the big stage.

What ship are you sailing on next year?

We are not sure yet but it will be either the Independence or the Adventure as we want to go to the Mediterranean and we won't book till maybe January or February as that's when we seem to get the best book ahead deals.

Did I read in one of your posts that you love the Adventure of the Seas and if so what is she like compared to the Indy. Does she have a Chops Grill :) .

We are also wondering if RC are about to announce another ship for Southampton as they are holding a invitation only event with a big announcement 21st November this month in London. Have you or Matt heard anything about this.

We are not sure yet but it will be either the Independence or the Adventure as we want to go to the Mediterranean and we won't book till maybe January or February as that's when we seem to get the best book ahead deals.

Did I read in one of your posts that you love the Adventure of the Seas and if so what is she like compared to the Indy. Does she have a Chops Grill :) .

We are also wondering if RC are about to announce another ship for Southampton as they are holding a invitation only event with a big announcement 21st November this month in London. Have you or Matt heard anything about this.

I would expect an announcement about a new ship homeporting in Southampton soon. Possibly Anthem of the Seas. Either that or an announcement about Oasis 3 stopping there or Allure stopping there when she goes to drydock in 2015.

I have not been on Adventure of the Seas but I do know that she does not have Chops Grill. Only Portofino Italian Restaurant currently. However, Adventure of the Seas is scheduled to be updated in April 2014, so Chops might be added (along with many other restaurants) at that time.

Yes, Adventure of the Seas has a Chops Grille.  Adventure is a great ship, smaller than Indy (Voyager class) but should compare well to the ship since Freedom is basically a larger Voyager class ship.