Wow Bands vs SeaPass Card

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Matt - loves MDR, likes WOW bands, likes the cold

Me - hates MDR, not a fan of WOW bands, hates the cold

Can we still be friends? ?

I'm siding with you Sabrina!  HATE THE COLD!!!  Sorry Matt...you can't diss my magic bands...I have at least 15 of them lol!!!  Jane

• 5 months later...

On Harmony a couple weeks back...  My family thought that the WOW bands were not so great as we expected so we wouldn't get again unless they were excepted for everything!  They are perfect  for getting in your room if your hands are full (just put your wrist up to door lock) and yes you can purchase things on the ship with it.  But... you have to have your sea pass card to get on and off the ship AND they wanted the card when we went into the waterpark at coco cay too.

1 hour ago, RobinL said:

But... you have to have your sea pass card to get on and off the ship AND they wanted the card when we went into the waterpark at coco cay too.

I wonder if things have changed?!  We were on Harmony at CocoCay end of May, and had no problem entering the waterpark area multiple times with simply the Wow Band.  We did have the seapass cards in our bags just in case, but it was no problem for us with using only the Wow bands...

Hi all, we did the once in a lifetime cruise on HOTS in June. As a newbie i had a difficult time finding the sizes of the wow band and seapAss. Uploaded photo, wow band ALL the way. Women’s clothing has absolutely NO pockets, let alone wearing a swimsuit and cover 60% of the vacation, NOWHERE to put tge pass.  In addition to not digging through your entire sun bag to find a seapass to get in your room, you just scan your wrist for drinks at bars(there is a scanner right where you order),  and at towel stations, when getting on / off ship and ALL over CocoCay. Worth every penny of the $4.95 get it the first day as mentionedat Boleros. Also, if you need to get into a second room you booked, have tgat room get the same color since no names on them. Hope this helps the first timers. 

7D27E089-9417-4141-9E68-891E41EE3DB0.jpeg

15 minutes ago, RTripp said:

Hi all, we did the once in a lifetime cruise on HOTS in June. As a newbie i had a difficult time finding the sizes of the wow band and seapAss. Uploaded photo, wow band ALL the way. Women’s clothing has absolutely NO pockets, let alone wearing a swimsuit and cover 60% of the vacation, NOWHERE to put tge pass.  In addition to not digging through your entire sun bag to find a seapass to get in your room, you just scan your wrist for drinks at bars(there is a scanner right where you order),  and at towel stations, when getting on / off ship and ALL over CocoCay. Worth every penny of the $4.95 get it the first day as mentionedat Boleros. Also, if you need to get into a second room you booked, have tgat room get the same color since no names on them. Hope this helps the first timers. 

7D27E089-9417-4141-9E68-891E41EE3DB0.jpeg

I believe Matt stated on one of his videos that it can be re-used on another cruise -- your WOW band is re-programmed, avoiding a second purchase.

On 2/1/2019 at 9:23 AM, Matt said:

I have the opposite feeling. Magic Bands never fit right. The Magic Bands have that rigid part at the top of the band that never sits well on my wrist, whereas the band of a WOWband fits like any normal watch band would. WOWbands feel much better to me.

Drinking the kool aide ?. I think you may be the only to say the wow bands are more comfortable 

1 hour ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

They told us no because of the muster station would be wrong. That would be dangerous for kids. 

To be more precise, Matt's video of 21 June 19, which talks about five Harmony secrets, states that you can bring the WOW bands back and exchange them on your next cruise.  Sorry I didn't state it accurately.  So one would need to "swap" bands, not re-program them.  Make sense?   I am only passing on what was in the video...

38 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

To be more precise, Matt's video of 21 June 19, which talks about five Harmony secrets, states that you can bring the WOW bands back and exchange them on your next cruise.  Sorry I didn't state it accurately.  So one would need to "swap" bands, not re-program them.  Make sense?   I am only passing on what was in the video...

We just asked on Anthem and they said no that we would need to buy a new one 

Both of us found the WOW bands to be perfectly comfortable and convenient when we were on Ovation last month.   Unless I have a shirt with a collar (which I hate wearing) so that the lanyard doesn't sit directly on my neck,  I might as well be wearing a sloth around my neck as much as a lanyard.  I hate when they hang around my neck directly (don't get me wrong - LOVE sloths, don't wanna wear one 14 hours a day. Seriously, 30 minutes TOPS on the sloth scarf).

13 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Then either the Harmony is different from the Anthem, or the policy has changed, and the video is now out of date.  Thanks for your just-in-time information!

13 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

I had the same experience on Anthem. It's just Anthem. I've exchanged multiple wowbands on Harmony and Symphony with no issues. Not sure why the Anthem crew hasn't gotten the memo.

17 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

They told us no because of the muster station would be wrong. That would be dangerous for kids. 

Last year on HOTS at embarkation at Boleros buying our WOW bands, they didn't have bands with our Muster station so the gave us whatever muster they found and told us that it was ok.   

• 1 year later...

I am wondering if these things will survive a couple atmosphere's of water pressure.  Most of the ports I end up in the water and that would be a major advantage for me instead of carrying a dry bag I could just keep it on me.  

When I was in Jamaica the place I was staying at had a simple traditional key and it ended up going 98 feet under water with me without issue.  Got back and told them they should frame that one since it was a very well traveled key.  When I dive at home I generally lock my stuff in my pickup and then lock the keys in my toolbox and take the toolbox key with me while under water, only thing I worry about is losing it but it's a minor thing, I use a simple chain link to hold it onto my BCD.