Symphony - St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Nassau

Erika1971

Last year we had our grand kids with us (8 and 12) on the Random Wind. Not a Royal excursion, private. Here's thee link: https://www.randomwind.com/. Had a great sail, swim, food, drinks and "Tarzan Bar", check it out on their website. Our 8 year old grand son couldn't get enough of it, he kept cutting in the line to get ahead of everyone! :27_sunglasses:

12 minutes ago, Erika1971 said:

Also, has anyone used the "resort for a day" site as well?  Its my husband and I and our kids are 18, 11, and 9.  Thank you in advance!

I have not used resortforaday on any of these islands but I have used them on Cozumel, Jamaica, Curacao, Aruba and St Kitts, every place has been a great experience, you just have to find what hotel is the right fit for you and your family. Some are all inclusive, some give you a coupon for food and drinks and some don't cover anything but the resort, pool and beach. Some provide transportation to the resort some don't. One thing to pay particular attention to (It is usually included someplace after the main comments) some provide towels and some don't so you have to bring some from the ship.

I used one last year in Jamaica with our 12YO Grandson, it was a Hyatt Ziva and it was amazing, my Grandson could not stop talking about it the rest of the trip.

Hi @Erika1971! I can only give a recommendation for St. Maarten, as that's the only one of those three islands I've been to. We booked a day trip with Soualiga Destinations, spent the day boating all around the island and seeing both the French and Dutch sides. Trip includes two snorkeling stops, two beach stops (one on nearby Pinel island), lunch, and beverages. Was a great time that my family of four really enjoyed.

We have done both the half day and full day tours on St. Maarten with http://coconut-reef.com/ and they were both great days out on the water. In June our boys, 10 & 12, said it was the best day of the cruise. My husband and I went out with them again last month and feel in love with Pinel Island. I can’t imagine visiting SXM and not going out with Coconut Reef. In June we were the only family on the half day tour, and last month there were only 2 other couples on the boat with us. We love the small group size in comparison to the big group tours common with ship sponsored excursions.

On St. Thomas we booked a private tour with https://www.stthomasadventures.com/snorkel for $120pp. We toured with the owner, Web, and he was amazing. We swam with turtles and snorkeled from the beach at Hull Bay. Even with 4 ships in port that day we never saw a crowd. Highly recommend a tour with them while in St. Thomas. They will take you were you want to go and provide everything you need to snorkel. We have already booked with him again for our family Symphony cruise with the boys next year. 

3 minutes ago, Firefly said:

We have done both the half day and full day tours on St. Maarten with http://coconut-reef.com/ and they were both great days out on the water. In June our boys, 10 & 12, said it was the best day of the cruise. My husband and I went out with them again last month and feel in love with Pinel Island. I can’t imagine visiting SXM and not going out with Coconut Reef. In June we were the only family on the half day tour, and last month there were only 2 other couples on the boat with us. We love the small group size in comparison to the big group tours common with ship sponsored excursions.

On St. Thomas we booked a private tour with https://www.stthomasadventures.com/snorkel for $120pp. We toured with the owner, Web, and he was amazing. We swam with turtles and snorkeled from the beach at Hull Bay. Even with 4 ships in port that day we never saw a crowd. Highly recommend a tour with them while in St. Thomas. They will take you were you want to go and provide everything you need to snorkel. We have already booked with him again for our family Symphony cruise with the boys next year. 

Nice recommendations.  Thanks !

We (my husband, myself and daughters age 14 & 24) just did an excursion on St. Maarten called "the race".  It is just like the TV show "Amazing Race".  We had a blast.  There were other kids your kids' age participating as well.  Wear tennis shoes as you race around the streets and interact with the locals (that was the best part) figuring out clues and such.  Takes about 3 hrs.