Wonderland or Jamie's

WannaCruise

We have BOGO on Symphony and know that we want to try and book Chops for one of the nights so need to decide on other restaurant.

We are a family of 4

• DH is a meat lover
  • I don't eat beef or chicken (but do eat fish and seafood)
  • DS13 is picky (but discovered recently at Chops that he likes steak)
  • DD9 is more adventurous and a better eater

They are both good kids and don't have an issue sitting for a nice meal.

I know food is subjective...but would you pick Wonderland or Jamie's?

I would vote for Jaimes. Can’t go wrong with a nice Italian place. 

The issue with wonderland is that their menu is so limited that unless you will eat anything and have no dietary restrictions such as being a vegetarian. For example, I wanted to try wonderland because we are pretty adventurous eaters but my traveling partner is a vegetarian so she can’t eat at Wonderland because they don’t have anything on the menu for her, which is a big disappointment. 

I will add a second vote for Jaimie's if for no other reason, I really am not a fan of Wonderland.  I think Wonderland has a very bizarre menu.  It's quirky and fun and the service was outstanding but the food was just too weird.  Any kind of picky eater probably isn't going to enjoy it.  Jaimie's is much more "traditional" and has a nice, diverse menu.

I would concur with Jaimie’s. We just got off of Anthem and dined at both Wonderland and Jaimie’s. We thoroughly enjoyed both meals, but we were all adults, Wonderland might be lost on the kids! Wonderland is a must try, at least once, but make it a special adult evening occasion!

50 minutes ago, Deedeelynn said:

I would concur with Jaimie’s. We just got off of Anthem and dined at both Wonderland and Jaimie’s. We thoroughly enjoyed both meals, but we were all adults, Wonderland might be lost on the kids! Wonderland is a must try, at least once, but make it a special adult evening occasion!

Funny enough it's my 9 year old that wants to try Wonderland...but not for the food, for the atmosphere and theme.

Thank you all...am quite convinced then that Jamie's is a better pick.  I should say too that we have Navigator BOGO in the summer as well, which means Chops and Jamie's (as those are only choices), but Jamie's seems to make more sense and a safer choice.  

On 1/26/2019 at 1:27 PM, WannaCruise said:

Funny enough it's my 9 year old that wants to try Wonderland...but not for the food, for the atmosphere and theme.

Thank you all...am quite convinced then that Jamie's is a better pick.  I should say too that we have Navigator BOGO in the summer as well, which means Chops and Jamie's (as those are only choices), but Jamie's seems to make more sense and a safer choice.  

Have you tried to get your kids to look the actual menus.  That is how we decide sometimes.  For example, our upcoming cruise on Harmony, we will likely do mainly specialty.  My girls took one look at the menu from Chops and 150CP and said forget it.  

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Have you tried to get your kids to look the actual menus.  That is how we decide sometimes.  For example, our upcoming cruise on Harmony, we will likely do mainly specialty.  My girls took one look at the menu from Chops and 150CP and said forget it.  

Good idea.  The only issue is with our kids, if one likes black, the other likes white.  Sometimes I think they disagree just for the sake of disagreeing. ?

Pretty sure we'll end up with Jamie's.  It's just on Symphony, Wonderland is probably a good version and from what I hear, that one has a kids menu.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:59 AM, Sh2738 said:

I would vote for Jaimes. Can’t go wrong with a nice Italian place. 

The issue with wonderland is that their menu is so limited that unless you will eat anything and have no dietary restrictions such as being a vegetarian. For example, I wanted to try wonderland because we are pretty adventurous eaters but my traveling partner is a vegetarian so she can’t eat at Wonderland because they don’t have anything on the menu for her, which is a big disappointment. 

We just had this discussion on another post.  Ask...they will totally alter the menu for the vegetarian in your party.    I just today had my travel agent change my 16 year old's profile to vegetarian.  We aren't going to wonderland (going on allure) but we will be taking her to central park 150 and I look forward to finding some things off menu that will work.  Obviously I haven't been to wonderland  but I bet they could make it work.

That being said, in regards to the original poster, I hear Jaime's is fantastic and I bet you would enjoy that meal better!  We look forward to trying Harmony at some point and doing wonderland...the world dessert (that we had at chef's table) was amazing!!!!!   Jane