Kayak

DocLC

I've been a loyal user of Kayak when shopping for and booking my cruise air and I was just able to grab a $2 round trip fare for our Serenade cruise in Europe next year. It's still several hundred dollars with taxes, but I haven't paid this low of a fare to Europe in 10 years. Super excited by the fare, which is $400 less per person than this past summer.

If you haven't tried Kayak, it's worth a try. Note, though that some airlines (e.g., Southwest) are not included.

I find Kayak to be confusing. I have been trying to use it for the past couple of days to find a combo air + hotel package to FLL.

How do you filter out the hotel for the 6 days you don't want ? I know how to do that for the other sites (expedia, etc.) but I can't figure it out with Kayak.

I want RT airfare but just 1 night hotel.

totally agree.. $2 fare really? I track flights on Kayak all the time, then go direct to the airline site to buy the tickets

Takes so much guess work out of watching the fares daily myself. thanks for posting!

Yep! $2 is not a misprint. With taxes and fees it was still $690 round trip from CA, but that's an exceptional fare from CA with only one connection on BA.

I find Kayak to be confusing. I have been trying to use it for the past couple of days to find a combo air + hotel package to FLL.

How do you filter out the hotel for the 6 days you don't want ? I know how to do that for the other sites (expedia, etc.) but I can't figure it out with Kayak.

I want RT airfare but just 1 night hotel.

I've only found it useful for air. I've never found their packages or hotel prices compelling.

Wow..something I should consider checking as flying from my location is very expensive to pretty much anywhere. It can be over $1000 to fly to the next province at times which is just a cpl hours drive away! Even when willing to drive hours and hours to get to a different airport, it makes very little difference.

I have been thinking/looking at Euro cruises as there are some great deals to be had...airfare is the killer of course. But now maybe I have some hope....guess what I will be doing for the last couple hours of "work" today...lol

Congrats on finding an amazing flight deal btw!

This will be our second European cruise, monctguy.  We always go in with the idea that we'll cancel if we can't get a reasonably fare.  It almost happened for our Norway/Iceland cruise; fortunately, during Thanksgiving week, the prices on the airfare dropped nearly $700 per ticket roundtrip, which made it more palatable.  Even so, it was just over $1000 roundtrip for each of our tickets from San Diego.  My TA always says to expect $1400 to $1600 on average, so anytime I can beat that I consider it a win.

I was really surprised with the fare I booked as it goes into Stockholm and leaves from Copenhagen both routing through Heathrow.  We will need to drive to Los Angeles, but it's worth it for the savings and reducing the number of connecting flights.