Suite - Breakfast & Lunch Options

Buffalo254

Hi all! 

We have booked a GS on Liberty of the Seas in August. I started researching and it’s all starting to get jumbled. 

1. As suite members, do we have a speciality dining option for embarkation lunch or should we look at the Key? 

2. I swear I have found that we can eat breakfast and lunch at speciality dining but now I’m having trouble finding it again. If we do, what restaurant and is it the same menu as the main dining (just a different location?). 

We are ultimately deciding if we should pay for the speciality dining package or if the suite perks get us enough. 

IIRC, you get to eat breakfast at Chops. They set that up for suite guests. The menu is similar to breakfast at Coastal Kitchen. It’s also a smaller venue, better service maybe?  I don’t believe there is lunch at specialty included. Suite perks do not get you much in the way of dining for non-Oasis/Quantum class ships since they lack a coastal kitchen. 

Being in a suite (exception being Star Class) will not get you any complimentary specialty dining.  If you want Chops on embarkation day, you would need to purchase The Key or the Ultimate Dining Package.  The O and Q Class ships have the Coastal Kitchen which is a sort of specialty restaurant.  But if you’re on any of the other class ships, there is no suites restaurant.

On non-Oasis and Quantum Class ships, you will be given breakfast in either Chops or Giovanni’s (it varies by ship) and you may or may not get a Suites luncheon on your cruise.  Normally you do not get a Suites luncheon but some ships do...it’s just one of those weirdo anamolies.  The Coastal Kitchen serves lunch so if you’re on an O or Q Class, you would be eligible to eat lunch there, but being in a suite (unless you’re Star Class) will not get you lunch in any specialty restaurant.

We have already been offered the suite luncheon on embarkation day but it is not much to write home about really. Just a small selection of finger foods. It might be a better option to grab a few selections from the Windjammer and take them up to the suite luncheon area.

To be honest I have never really noticed whether Chops is open for lunch on Explorer when we have boarded.

14 hours ago, Buffalo254 said:

As suite members, do we have a speciality dining option for embarkation lunch or should we look at the Key? 

No specialty dining included for embarkation day for suite guests

14 hours ago, Buffalo254 said:

I swear I have found that we can eat breakfast and lunch at speciality dining but now I’m having trouble finding it again. If we do, what restaurant and is it the same menu as the main dining (just a different location?). 

Chops for breakfast

You will get an email about a week before your sailing from the suite concierge outlining your benefits.

12 hours ago, F1guynz said:

It might be a better option to grab a few selections from the Windjammer and take them up to the suite luncheon area

Last time we were on Liberty (July 2018) this is what a bunch of suite people were doing, benefit to this is that you don't have people hovering over you waiting on a table and the wait staff brings drinks and condiments. Sea days I believe they do have a small limited menu.

In July we had our Grandson (12YO) with us, on one of the sea days, he could not find a single thing in Windjammer that he wanted/liked, I asked him what he wanted, he said he would like the cheese ravioli he had the night before in Giovanni's, so I went and asked, and was surprised about 5 minuets later the head waiter brought a plate of ravioli out to him, made his day.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

No specialty dining included for embarkation day for suite guests

Chops for breakfast

You will get an email about a week before your sailing from the suite concierge outlining your benefits.

Does this include Junior Suites? We have a JS in March on Enchantment

• 3 weeks later...

The notion of paying for the Key when you've already booked a Grand Suite is hilarious.... You're willing to spend THAT much money just so you don't have to eat lunch in the Windjammer on the first day! You do realize, that the Chops lunch is ONLY for embarkation day right?