What are all your 2019 Vacation Plans

whitsmom

Since my hubby had a heart attack this past June (4 weeks before our Alaska Bucket List Cruise/Land Tour), we have decided to vacay a little sooner rather than later (having went thru that changes your prospective to things).  Here are ours:

February 2-9 2019:  Hard Rock All Inclusive Punta Cana

July 13-20 2019:  Condo in Orange Beach (with Family)

November 17-24 2019:  NCL Cruise out of New Orleans (with Family)

Jan 30 thru Feb 6 2020:  Magical Northern Lights Tour in Iceland (another Bucket List Item)

I'm sorry to hear about your husband, but I'm glad he recovered enough for you guys to travel while you can! 

My 2019 vacation plans are 

May 12-19, 2019: Allure of the Seas Eastern itinerary (with family)

September 2019: Likely some time down in my work's company shore house in NJ (with friends)

November 23-30, 2019: Grandeur of the Seas Bahamas & Coco Cay itinerary (with family)

And likely some long weekends in NYC throughout the year to visit my brother. 

We'll be on Harmony for her Thanksgiving sailing, and are planning some kind of ski trip for Christmas. Other than that, just a few out-of-town trips for my daughter's gymnastics meets. MAYBE I'll squeeze in a cruise out of Galveston this summer, before school starts back up. It'll be the most we've travelled in quite awhile :)

19 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

we have decided to vacay a little sooner rather than later (having went thru that changes your prospective to things).  Here are ours:

Dealing with health issues here with hubby, will know more Monday after our visit to Hopkins so we COMPLETELY understand!  So I YOLO'd!  We will take each cruise at a time and see where we land.

Grandeur-Feb 14th, 2019, Southeast and Bahamas

Celebrity Summit, May 12th, our lovely Bermuda

Grandeur- July 25th (25th wedding anniversary) NE/Canada

Either Anthem or Equinox- Nov 9th for hubby's birthday (haven't made the decision!

I'm so happy your hubby is doing well!! 

Just now, Pima1988 said:

Adventure in July to Bermuda/Bahamas for 8 nights.  Otherwise nothing on the books since our daughter is getting married in the fall, and that is draining our checkbook really quickly!  Looking into cruising out of New Orleans early next yr. for my birthday.

I remember all too well on having a daughter getting married and draining the checking account.  Try to plan ahead to avoid the last minute stuff as I think the last three days before the wedding were the most stressful for us.

30 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Dealing with health issues here with hubby, will know more Monday after our visit to Hopkins so we COMPLETELY understand!  So I YOLO'd!  We will take each cruise at a time and see where we land.

Grandeur-Feb 14th, 2019, Southeast and Bahamas

Celebrity Summit, May 12th, our lovely Bermuda

Grandeur- July 25th (25th wedding anniversary) NE/Canada

Either Anthem or Equinox- Nov 9th for hubby's birthday (haven't made the decision!

I'm so happy your hubby is doing well!! 

I hope you have a good outcome on your hubby's health.  Mine had what they call a widow-maker so to say that we were extremely lucky doesn't even touch it.  We haven't retired yet so we can only fit so many trips in right now.  We have a 5-6 years more to go; however, we need to do more now while we have more income.

Just now, whitsmom said:

we need to do more now while we have more income

Hubby is retired, I'm not, but I'm lucky, I work from home, have lots of vacation time. And I don't care! LOL. I really do care, but if I have an opportunity to travel with hubby as long as he can, then I'm doing it!  You are so lucky with that condition with your husband. It's a miracle!!

Just now, whitsmom said:

Mine had what they call a widow-maker so to say that we were extremely lucky doesn't even touch it.

Wow, that's amazing that it was caught in time to save him! Hopefully that is the end of it and you will have many more years together to enjoy travel and other things.

As far as our 2019, nothing too major this year.

• Possible trip to Niagara Falls this summer
  • Return to Bermuda on Anthem in October
  • Probably a couple of day trips or weekend getaways to places in driving distance in the warmer weather (Asbury Park, Poconos, Cape May; maybe Cape Cod / Nantucket or a return to Newport if we swing north)

47 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

I hope you have a good outcome on your hubby's health.  Mine had what they call a widow-maker so to say that we were extremely lucky doesn't even touch it. 

That's some perspective.  Now that my DD is in college and DS is a HS Sophomore, I'm making the most of the few years I have left of family trips as I don't see schedules quite aligning in a few years.  Lucky for me, my DD's college 2nd week of Spring Break lines up with the kids at home at least through 2020.

Adventure - March Spring Break

Symphony - May  (3 night trip for our 20th anniversary)

Navigator - July (hoping my college DD can make it)

Thanksgiving - nothing planned as that is HS football playoffs or will have to have fully refundable trip.

Various trips to NE to see my daughter

Most of my travelling is to see my only grandchild who turns 7 months on 1/27 whom lives 12 hours from me. I usually also go to Santa Rosa beach for a couple of long weekends & than 1 week every October. I have 2 cruises scheduled for this year also. Here's what I know so far. Since my wife retired & I have extra vacation to use this year I get to travel more. ?

1/27    Allure of the seas

3/6      Santa Rosa Beach

Late March / Early April   Oklahoma to see grandson

Late May       Oklahoma to see grandson

Late June / Early July      Oklahoma to see grandson 

8/9      Ovation of the seas

Oct      Santa Rosa Beach

Thanksgiving      Oklahoma

Christmas            Oklahoma 

Now that I put it all on paper I think I'll be on the road  LOL

I wish everyone good health - it's one of those things many take for granted - until it affects you or a loved one.  That said, things have changed since my husband's new heart valve and my own health issues.  This cruise is our first real vacation by ourselves, as we've never gone away without our kids for more than a long weekend. Now that our kids are grown and need to use their own vacation days I don't see them traveling with us anytime soon!  

I aspire to be that couple that gets to cruise 2x a year.  I'm hoping this trip will kick start that.  

We'll be in Myrtle Beach the first week in June, then this cruise on Nov. 17th.  

We haven't had a vaction since our last cruise in 2010.  We were unable to find a house/pet sitter, so we could only go places that we could take 3-4 dogs with (not many options there).  We finally found a sitter, so we planned a 3-week vacation to Yellowstone, the Olympic Peninsula, ending with a 7-night Alaskan Inside Passage cruise on Ovation for June 2019 - we were so excited - our 25th anniversary and his 50th birthday.  Then in September my husband tore his quad, had to have surgery and was out of work for 4 months.  He had to burn a lot of PTO so we had to cut the vacation down to just the cruise (and fly out to Seattle instead of driving  - which is absolute hell for my husband).

Because I had to take a month off from work and take care of him 24 hours a day, along with all of the critters, he offered to take care of everyone once he was on his feet and I could take a vacation, so I booked a 4-night on Mariner for this February!  THEN I mentioned to him that since we were saving so much money by cutting our June vacation in half, maybe we could book another cruise for the following winter - and he actually agreed.  So, while not in 2019, we'll be on Symphony in Feb 2020.  

So going from no trips for 9 years, to 3 trips in 12 months, I'd say I'm doing ok!  (and I mostly blame all of you, LOL)

As an aside, if anyone knows of any good programs to desensitize someone to fear of flying, please DM me  ?

18 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

Hubby is retired, I'm not, but I'm lucky, I work from home, have lots of vacation time. And I don't care! LOL. I really do care, but if I have an opportunity to travel with hubby as long as he can, then I'm doing it!  You are so lucky with that condition with your husband. It's a miracle!!

We have to plan a cruise together. Lookout 2020, here come Boston and Chicago.

1 hour ago, Sweety said:

Please let me know about the Northern Lights. That is on husband bucket list.

I am so excited about it!  We booked a Collette trip (thru my AAA travel agent).  The trip includes airfare and they even pick us up at home to take us to the airport and take us back home. 

Even night we go on the Northern Lights hunt!!

March - 5 night on the Vision ( exactly enough points to bump us into Diamond +) 

June- 7 night on the Liberty taking two of our grandchildren on their high school graduation cruise  In 2015 we took two on the Navigator and in 2017 we took one to Alaska on Explorer. We are now out of graduating grandchildren!

July 4th Anthem GC, July 4th cruise out of NY, hope we are on time for sail away so the Captain can do a harbor tour, never been on a Q class so excited about this. Plus meeting people in person that are on here everyday.

October 13th cruise on Harmony, we haven't been on Harmony since 2016 (her 4th cruise out of dock) so we are excited to see her again.

March - Enchantment to Nassau/CoCo

April - Isle of Palms, SC for a week. My son is a sophomore at USC so he can make the short trip for Easter weekend.

May - long weekend at Niagara Falls

July - Anthem to Bermuda (not GC)

DW now wants to go back to Alaska in 2020! And for some reason has to include Icy Strait Point? But not on Radiance :-( 

Mediterranean with MSC Bellissima cruise to Genoa, Naples, Messina, Valletta, Marseille, and Barcelona.  April 14, 2019. (First time will sail with other cruises line.

Lego land in August before the cruise

Caribbean with MSC Seaside on August 24, 2019

Symphony OTS on October 12, 2019. (first time will be on Oasis class)

Not sure about Thanksgiving cruise yet but lightly book it. 

Feb - land  - Dead and Red sea
March - maybe 8 days Singapore to Hong Kong , Voyager 
June - Land tour in Greece , Vila in one of the islands.
August - Cruise - Greece Island and Croatia (from Venice) , Rhapsody 
October - 7 nights to Japan from China, Spectrum
Dec - planning a cruise from the US, not sure which one yet.  

In between , as extended to business trip some weekends in Singapore, Italy and Peru. 

31 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Feb - land  - Dead and Red sea
March - maybe 8 days Singapore to Hong Kong , Voyager 
June - Land tour in Greece , Vila in one of the islands.
August - Cruise - Greece Island and Croatia (from Venice) , Rhapsody 
October - 7 nights to Japan from China, Spectrum
Dec - planning a cruise from the US, not sure which one yet.  

In between , as extended to business trip some weekends in Singapore, Italy and Peru. 

Wow.  I wanna be you !

Grandeur in October 2019   Going to try to get hub to be bit with the cruise bug.  He's gotten used to my kind of travelling which means suites and going as all inclusive as possible.  

From his vacations being sleeping in a car during road trips to being with my plush self.  I think he finally trusts me to get him on a ship.  Silly man said that he'd been on plenty of cruises in the Marines  LOL!  I promised him there was no hot bunking involved.  

So if this trip goes well, I'll be able to convince him to take me on more cruises in the future.  I avoided the bahamas cruises because he always makes fun of me that my version of whining is "I wanna go to the bahaaaaaaaamas"

So far we have planned:

End of June an oldies concert in Lancaster, Pa called the Happy Together Tour (8th time in a row)

Mid July a condo week in Avalon, NJ

August 3 go back to Jersey to sail on the Adventure to New England/Canada

I'm sure we'll find plenty of other stuff to do. As usual.