What are all your 2019 Vacation Plans

whitsmom

Haven't had time to think it through and respond to this thread until this morning....

2019 is going to hold a special place in my heart, I already know it.

- We rang in 2019 on a cruise!  I can think of no better way to start the new year.

- March 2019 we embark on our first Star Class adventure.  I cannot put my excitement in words.  For anyone who knows hockey, Hubby says this is my version of the Stanley Cup.

- This summer, we will finally get to meet @Matt and many others here on Anthem and at the pre-cruise meet up!

- Two weeks after Anthem, I will finally get to sail Symphony (I booked this eons ago when her itineraries were first released.  I think this is longest I have waited for a cruise lol). 

- To top it all off, if we don't end up cancelling, we also have Navigator and Indy booked in 2019 and I'm going to get my first glass block!

We're going to Great Wolf Lodge for my son's birthday this spring. My MIL's house is on the market, so hopefully we will be going to help her pack soon. Then our September 1 sailing on Liberty. We homeschool, and my daughter is wrapping up a big state history unit, so we need to work in a tour of Texas on various weekends too.

we started 2019 in Colorado ringing in New Years with a family we have camped with/Airbnb with the last 21 years.  Unfortunately they don’t cruise!  We have a lot of firsts this year:

allure march:  first oasis class (and we finally hit platinum and the bathrobes lol)

vision july:  first cruise over 7 days (12), first time to Italy! Greece and Barcelona 

charleston nc:  meet our friends for year 22...first time to Charleston.

add in numerous trips to Champaign to visit our graduating senior at U of Illinois, trips to visit our junior at iowa state (but alas not to Marburg Germany where he will study abroad for 4 mos) and hopefully planning a 2020 trip to the uk (with our 22 year friends minus kids!). Jane

Gonna be a busy year for us...

-MLK weekend we were in Berlin

-President's Day weekend: London

-Spring Break: Ireland for a week

-May: My wife and I will be cruising without kids on MSC Seaview (Rome, Mallorca, Barcelona, Cannes, Genoa, La Spezia)

-June: Move back to the States

-July: My entire extended family (22 in all!) will be going to Kauai for two weeks

And at that point, I will be out of leave and money!

On 1/25/2019 at 11:14 AM, tiny260 said:

July 4th Anthem GC, July 4th cruise out of NY, hope we are on time for sail away so the Captain can do a harbor tour, never been on a Q class so excited about this. Plus meeting people in person that are on here everyday.

October 13th cruise on Harmony, we haven't been on Harmony since 2016 (her 4th cruise out of dock) so we are excited to see her again.

You missed me on the Allure 2 week ago.

14 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I don't know how, I kept looking for the guy with the long beard, sunglasses and Santa hat on. I figured out of 6000 people you would have stood out.

Yeah you would think so although I left that hat home...some of the crew mentioned that they saw me out and about.