Ultimate Dining Package Usage

marti314

After reading through the T&C's of the ultimate dining package it says "Lunch on Sea days" but when referencing a cruise compass for Allure Eastern Caribbean it looks like Johnny Rockets and Sabor are open on Port days for a period of time.  Does anyone know if the UDP can be used at Sabor or Johnny Rockets on port days for lunch or even an afternoon snack in the case of Sabor being open from 3 - 5:30 pm?

Thanks for the feedback

Typically JR is not considered a specialty restaurant and therefore is ineligible for the UDP.   Having said that someone may very well post they've had success going there with it.  So it's one of those YMMV since it can vary by ship.

I've not tried to use the UDP at Sabor when it's open at 3pm.  By that time I've broken down and eaten elsewhere and besides, when you have the UDP you eat so much food that eating lunch at 3pm would render dinner useless.  I know there is temptation to try to maximize the value of the UDP but it is so... much... food.   Usually by a sea day past mid-cruise I raise the white flag of surrender and skip lunch or grab a small salad in the WJ so that I can actually eat my dinner. 

Just now, twangster said:

Typically JR is not considered a specialty restaurant and therefore is ineligible for the UDP.   Having said that someone may very well post they've had success going there with it.  So it's one of those YMMV since it can vary by ship.

I've not tried to use the UDP at Sabor when it's open at 3pm.  By that time I've broken down and eaten elsewhere and besides, when you have the UDP you eat so much food that eating lunch at 3pm would render dinner useless.  I know there is temptation to try to maximize the value of the UDP but it is so... much... food.   Usually by a sea day past mid-cruise I raise the white flag of surrender and skip lunch or grab a small salad in the WJ so that I can actually eat my dinner. 

Thanks for the info on Johnny Rockets.  Allure has a day in puerto Rico where back on ship is 1:30 pm and Sabor has lunch from 1:30 - 3:30.  On the days when it is open from say 3:30 - 5:30 i was really just wondering if they let you go in and grab some chips n guac with the UDP.

I have not yet had the UDP on a ship that has a JR so I cannot say for sure, but my guess is that they would LOVE for you to use your lunch option at JR as it's much less expensive for them to feed you at JR than it would be to feed you at Giovanni's or Chops.  This is just an opinion though...no idea what the truth will be.

As for Sabor, I imagine they would give you the same $$ allocation there as they would at any of the other ala carte restaurants ($35).  I would think though, that if a restaurant does not open until 3PM that it would be considered "past" lunch.

We're not big Sabor fans, but on one cruise we went for dinner and ordered what we wanted, which was well under the a la carte credit.  Our waitress was concerned we didn't have enough food, so she brought us more items to try.  I think she was worried we would not be happy, but we just picked the items and amounts that suited us.  After chips, guac, and a couple of Tecates, we really weren't very hungry.