beer buckets?

jefro

1 minute ago, NJCruisers said:

Huh, so with the Deluxe package you can't get a bucket of beers?  

You can get ONE drink at a time....so you cant get a drink for anyone else.....

I had a hard time wanting to even PAY for extra drinks during one cruise when I had the drink package.....

45 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Well the deluxe package lets you buy one drink at a time and you can't share your drinks with anyone.  The whole point of a bucket of beers is to share with multiple people so they really aren't compatible.

I know.....from my perspective though....I just wanted a bucket darnit ;).  I wanted to be one of the cool kids sitting by the pool just grabbing a beer when I was ready....not having to get up every 8 minutes ?

15 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

I know.....from my perspective though....I just wanted a bucket darnit ;).  I wanted to be one of the cool kids sitting by the pool just grabbing a beer when I was ready....not having to get up every 8 minutes ?

I don't drink so I'm speaking second hand to a conversation I over heard, the bartender told the guy he could get the bucket but that he would be charged for the bucket and it wouldn't go against his drink package. This was an O class ship, the only actual buckets I saw were at Sabor, at the pool they were in insulated bags.

20 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Well the deluxe package lets you buy one drink at a time and you can't share your drinks with anyone.  The whole point of a bucket of beers is to share with multiple people so they really aren't compatible.

I guess that makes sense - can you tell I'm NOT a beer drinker?!  I am not that familiar with the ship (yet) but just thought if we were hanging out in the adults only section and having to keep walking to the bar at the main section that a bucket of beers might be a better choice for the hubby.  

5 hours ago, NJCruisers said:

I guess that makes sense - can you tell I'm NOT a beer drinker?!  I am not that familiar with the ship (yet) but just thought if we were hanging out in the adults only section and having to keep walking to the bar at the main section that a bucket of beers might be a better choice for the hubby.  

They often have servers walking around that can take orders that would make it a little more convenient and no one has to get up.