Harmony of the Seas Jan 27

Scott Johns

18 hours ago, Scott Johns said:

Going with my son(23) on a father-son cruise Jan 27-Feb 3 Western Caribbean on Harmony of the Seas . . . just wanting to meet some new people.  Who else is joining us?

I will give you a high five as you are getting off the ship! We are sailing out on February 3rd. haha

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:20 PM, Iluv4n6 said:

Guess we will be on the same gangway @cruiselife, just boarding a bit later than you!  ? 

That is awesome! If you are interested we have reserved the famous Leo Brown to be our driver for the day in St. Maarten. @Matt has made several mentions about Leo in his blogs and podcasts so we were excited to get to have him as our guide for the day. It is just my wife and I for now, but Leo said he has a new van that has room for up to 12 people that he is very proud of. If you are looking for something to do in St Maarten feel free to join us. He mentioned that the per person rate would be much lower the more people there are, so if you are interested let me know and I will give him a call and get an updated quote! We would pay him directly in St Maarten. We don't plan to fill up the van, but we are hoping to find another couple or family to join us. If not, no big deal, I just figured I would rather ask a fellow RC Blog follower than random people on the cruise! He said he can take us anywhere we want to go and he plans to take us to the French side of the island, an authentic restaurant, a nice overlook, and all of the best beaches.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/07/30/freedom-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-five-st-martin

2 hours ago, cruiselife said:

That is awesome! If you are interested we have reserved the famous Leo Brown to be our driver for the day in St. Maarten. @Matt has made several mentions about Leo in his blogs and podcasts so we were excited to get to have him as our guide for the day. It is just my wife and I for now, but Leo said he has a new van that has room for up to 12 people that he is very proud of. If you are looking for something to do in St Maarten feel free to join us. He mentioned that the per person rate would be much lower the more people there are, so if you are interested let me know and I will give him a call and get an updated quote! We would pay him directly in St Maarten. We don't plan to fill up the van, but we are hoping to find another couple or family to join us. If not, no big deal, I just figured I would rather ask a fellow RC Blog follower than random people on the cruise! He said he can take us anywhere we want to go and he plans to take us to the French side of the island, an authentic restaurant, a nice overlook, and all of the best beaches.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/07/30/freedom-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-five-st-martin

Wow -- great to know, @cruiselife!  I thought I heard somewhere that Leo Brown upgraded his wheels.  My wife and I visited St Maarten last February and were able to hire Leo also -- fun tour around the island! 

For this cruise, we have a larger family group of 8 -- wife and me, plus some extended family including 11, 16, 21 year-olds and three other adults.  My guess is this might be more than you would bargain for to join you and your wife! 

On our first visit, while we got a great tour of the island, but I think we spent too much time at the first overlook (the one that looks back over Phillipsburg and the cruise dock) and Maho Beach before heading to the French side.  This visit we would really like to splash around on Grand Case Beach and Le Galion Beach with the younger kids--both on the Franch side--in addition to also having a great lunch on the French side.  We did not get to experience either of these awesome beaches on our first trip -- and I have heard them recommended on multiple RC Blog podcasts.  After visiting the French side we would be up for a shorter visit to Maho to see a plane or two then a a final stop at Phillipsburg (or maybe fit in a shorter Maho stop on the way to the French side).  But we will message you compare notes on what our group and preferences and see how it matches up with your plans.

Hope to bump into you onboard in any event--keep meeting great folks on RC cruises!  I have dawdled a bit with making final arrangements for this vacation with one of the last items being transportation on St Maarten for the day.  So your comment was definitely timely!

15 hours ago, Iluv4n6 said:

For this cruise, we have a larger family group of 8 -- wife and me, plus some extended family including 11, 16, 21 year-olds and three other adults.  My guess is this might be more than you would bargain for to join you and your wife! 

But we will message you compare notes on what our group and preferences and see how it matches up with your plans.

Those plans sounds great to us. I talked with my wife about it last night and we would be happy to share the van with your family if you would like to. It sounds like a lot of fun. I completely understand if not, no pressure! I just sent you a private message with a little more information about us.

9 hours ago, cruiselife said:

Those plans sounds great to us. I talked with my wife about it last night and we would be happy to share the van with your family if you would like to. It sounds like a lot of fun. I completely understand if not, no pressure! I just sent you a private message with a little more information about us.

You guys sound very flexible -- thanks for your willingness to share a visit to the island with our crew.  I also sent you a private message with more info on our group.  Might also be good to know what new van Leo's got to gauge if we would all comfortably all fit -- probably, but might be worth checking out anyway! ?