The Key on Anthem

I guess if you always purchased internet than the Key might be worth the cost with the other perks but to me it's out priced at (per person / per day) as I like to go on a cruise & unplug from anything internet related because I'm already on my laptop / phone if I'm awake. This gives me a chance to unplug for a week.

We'll be sailing on Anthem too and I've been debating this.  I'm wondering if private hours would be offered for things in the Sea Plex?  That would certainly make this more attractive for us as we don't partake in the rock wall or flow rider.  We're Gold so don't have many benefits an therefore don’t know how nice it might be to have things like priority embarkation, etc.  We already have Voom and Chops lunch booked, so the difference for us b/t the Key and purchasing just Voom and Chops lunch by themselves is $68/person for a 9 night cruise.  As a splurge item, $68/person isn't awful for the other items the Key offers.  What do you think?

Just now, atmuma said:

We'll be sailing on Anthem too and I've been debating this.  I'm wondering if private hours would be offered for things in the Sea Plex?  That would certainly make this more attractive for us as we don't partake in the rock wall or flow rider.  We're Gold so don't have many benefits an therefore don’t know how nice it might be to have things like priority embarkation, etc.  We already have Voom and Chops lunch booked, so the difference for us b/t the Key and purchasing just Voom and Chops lunch by themselves is $68/person for a 9 night cruise.  As a splurge item, $68/person isn't awful for the other items the Key offers.  What do you think?

That's what I was thinking to however I wanted to make sure private hours were offered at the Sea Plex!

21 minutes ago, Buzzard05 said:

With Chops being an upscale restaurant onboard, and one that you normally "dress up" for in the evening....are there any dress requirements to eat there at lunch...or can you just roll in wearing shorts and a tee shirt?

On embarkation day I'm sure they're expecting plenty of casually dressed folks.  I wouldn't worry about how you're dressed.  Everyone will be "in the same boat".

34 minutes ago, atmuma said:

5 of us include 6 years old sailed on Anthem during Thanksgiving and a lot of kids on the ship. We did 6-7 times bumper cars, 3 times Northstars and 1-time I-Fly. Bumper cars line sometimes long but not that bad. These activities did without the key. No problem with the show either plenty of room to sit. Just to give you some info from my past cruise.

On 1/22/2019 at 1:40 PM, twangster said:

Keep in mind my experience and review was the very first time it was offered on Oasis.  It appears they have made some adjustments and added some additional benefits since then.

Great review Twangster! Question for you, does a Key member have priority embarkation over suite and Diamond and above guests? :27_sunglasses:

On 1/22/2019 at 1:40 PM, twangster said:

Keep in mind my experience and review was the very first time it was offered on Oasis.  It appears they have made some adjustments and added some additional benefits since then.

Just read your review. Well written and helpful!   So for the main theatre, the reserved seats are not the first few rows right?  They seem further back?

Just now, WannaCruise said:

Just read your review. Well written and helpful!   So for the main theatre, the reserved seats are not the first few rows right?  They seem further back?

Correct. Only Star Class suites tend to get front row.  

I don’t tend to like front row or near front row.  I actually prefer mid theater because you see everything.  You can take in the whole show versus watching a tennis game where you have to bob your head left and right.  

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Correct. Only Star Class suites tend to get front row.  

I don’t tend to like front row or near front row.  I actually prefer mid theater because you see everything.  You can take in the whole show versus watching a tennis game where you have to bob your head left and right.  

Great. Thanks for getting back to me so quick.  Totally get your perspective.  I'm actually the opposite though and love front row .  The reserved seating would have been main reason for getting The Key.  So very good to know as wouldn't have been good for us.