Specialty BOGO Dining Cost for Kids

WannaCruise

Has anyone been on Oasis class recently and booked BOGO for kids?  If so....can you confirm if the price is $10 for them?  Or is it half price of the actual cost?

We have BOGO on Symphony and have pre-booked for 4 even though my younger one is under 12 years old.  

If her actual cost is $10, then it's worth it to get the price adjusted.  But if it's 50% of the actual restaurant cost, then she is better at the BOGO adult cost as this is less than the actual restaurant (as Symphony standalone booking at a specialty is much more than other ships).

e.g. our BOGO is $52 CAD but dinner at Chops is $71 CAD, and even Jamie's is $61 CAD.  So we're better paying $26 charge for each specialty (i.e. not adjusting the BOGO for her).  Even Hooked as $52, so with that one, the cost is the same.

$10 for everything but hibachi is my experience.

We did ultimate dining on Oasis.  They allowed us to do hibachi on the first day with our package which i’ve Only been able to do on Oasis (2x).  My kids are 6 and 9.  We did not pre pay for anything.  We were charged $20 at hibachi for my son as he ate everything.  They didn’t charge me anything for my daughter as she didn’t really eat much.  At Izumi sushi we just used our $70 to feed everyone.  At 150 they charged each kid $10.  At Chops and Giovanni’s they didn’t charge us for either kid any time even though they ate.  So we had 10 specialty meals and it cost us a total of $40 for the week for my two kids.

i don’t think any price would be below $10 if they do charge you.  I wouldn’t buy anything ahead of time.  You may get lucky and not pay anything but I wouldn’t expect it.  Also if you want to get some main dining food they will probably do it.  My son was eating beef carpaccio and salmon for free and my daughter had Mac and cheese for free.  If you are going to eat at the same place a good tip the first time increases the odds you won’t pay for the kids the second time you go.

I hope that answers you question.  If not let me know and i’ll try again.  I do think Oasis is the most lenient of the Oasis class on charging though.  It’s not consistent (surprising I know).

3 hours ago, ShakeDownCruise said:

$10 for everything but hibachi is my experience.

We did ultimate dining on Oasis.  They allowed us to do hibachi on the first day with our package which i’ve Only been able to do on Oasis (2x).  My kids are 6 and 9.  We did not pre pay for anything.  We were charged $20 at hibachi for my son as he ate everything.  They didn’t charge me anything for my daughter as she didn’t really eat much.  At Izumi sushi we just used our $70 to feed everyone.  At 150 they charged each kid $10.  At Chops and Giovanni’s they didn’t charge us for either kid any time even though they ate.  So we had 10 specialty meals and it cost us a total of $40 for the week for my two kids.

i don’t think any price would be below $10 if they do charge you.  I wouldn’t buy anything ahead of time.  You may get lucky and not pay anything but I wouldn’t expect it.  Also if you want to get some main dining food they will probably do it.  My son was eating beef carpaccio and salmon for free and my daughter had Mac and cheese for free.  If you are going to eat at the same place a good tip the first time increases the odds you won’t pay for the kids the second time you go.

I hope that answers you question.  If not let me know and i’ll try again.  I do think Oasis is the most lenient of the Oasis class on charging though.  It’s not consistent (surprising I know).

Thanks so much.  We've already bought BOGO for Symphony, and pre-purchased for my 9 year old already.  The BOGO price has gone up quite a bit so in the case they don't refund her cost for the difference, I don't want to cancel, but good to know for next time.  Wonder if BOGO works the same?  I'm glad to hear though that you were charged at most only $10 for your kids.  I did hear that for Oasis, they charge kids 50% of the cost bvs $10 but that doesn't seem so which is good to hear (esp as the specialty meals are extra costly on that ship).

We just got off Anthem, & had specialty lunch & dinner for 2 from our TA. It was me, DH & DD (28 yo, but disabled & has to come with us, cannot be left alone.) For our dinner, we chose Jamies, & had to pay for her full price.  For lunch, we went to Chops, & they didn't charge us for her, even though she ate her app, dinner & dessert.  You never know what they're going to do....

2 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

We just got off Anthem, & had specialty lunch & dinner for 2 from our TA. It was me, DH & DD (28 yo, but disabled & has to come with us, cannot be left alone.) For our dinner, we chose Jamies, & had to pay for her full price.  For lunch, we went to Chops, & they didn't charge us for her, even though she ate her app, dinner & dessert.  You never know what they're going to do....

Oh wow...great that some won't even charge.

Just wondering...for Jamie's, did they automatically charge, or did you ask and they then charged?  Reason I'm asking since when we went on Mariner, we had to ask about getting a refund for our 9 year old for the kids price (since we paid adult price upon booking).

5 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Oh wow...great that some won't even charge.

Just wondering...for Jamie's, did they automatically charge, or did you ask and they then charged?  Reason I'm asking since when we went on Mariner, we had to ask about getting a refund for our 9 year old for the kids price (since we paid adult price upon booking).

When we reserved onboard, we told them we were using a voucher for 2 of us, then when we turned it in when we went for dinner, they just charged us for 1 dinner.