Uber in Barcelona

craig403

We have booked a transatlantic and now sorting out the details.  Has anyone used Uber in Barcelona?  Any language or other problems?  We are looking at pier to hotel and then hotel to airport and possibly short city trips.  I understand that in 2014 they discontinued service in Barcelona and some other European countries but last year began service again in Barcelona and this time requiring city licensed drivers.  I understand that we could always use taxi and other shuttle services but I prefer Uber for the convenience and predetermined price.  We have been to Barcelona before and stayed close to Las Ramblas but this time staying in a different part of the city.  

• 2 weeks later...

AS @twangster wrote they are not going to work in Barcelona anymore , also I found out that in other countries which they are working in Europe it might be more expensive (just tried it in Italy for example).

When I am in Europe I am using the My taxi application , you can choose if you want to pay using the app (in that case you will need to add your credit card) or to pay cache. usually its a regular taxis, so payment are being done in the end although it will give you estimations for how much it should be.

In Barcelona peer you have many taxis (although the lines can be long).

While cruising in and out of Barcelona in September we used several modes of transportation. From airport to hotel we used the very inexpensive Aerobus. At home I'm an Uber rider but I found taxis were easy to come by and not terribly expensive. We also used the shuttle bus from the base of Las Ramblas to the cruise port, also quite simple. For our port to airport trip we did have a pre-booked transfer through Zip transfers  because of a time crunch, they were reliable. I have heard the subway service is good in Barcelona so this may be an option too.