Skagway question

Baked Alaska

When we are in Skagway next summer, we are scheduled for two excursions for the day: the White Pass train from 8:10 to 11:25 AM and then Ziplining from 1:40 to 5:40 PM. Any ideas as to meeting places? Since we will already be off the ship, do they have a meeting place on pier for those folks? Given that there are roughly 1:45 minutes of lunch time in there, do we eat lunch in port or go back to the ship?

pinging @KJ1231  @twangster

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

The town is a 20 minute walk or there is an inexpensive shuttle that can take you into town.  1h 45m should be enough time to eat in town or on the ship.  There are some restaurants very close to the port about 5 minutes from the ship. 

The shuttle:

RadianceAK-Day4-7.jpg.2904b0e46d7f586d4e8af06b272eb50b.jpg

There is a place down one of the side streets that sell reindeer sausage.  I wanted to get one but they weren't open at the time and didn't get back in time to get one.  Its a little shack.

5 hours ago, carlosalonsor said:

I have never been to Skagway but based on what I've read I have a reservation for DIY Jeep Tours. My plan is to take the recommended route to Emerald Lake.

Does anyone had taken this self "tour" ? Would you recommend it?

I did a guided tour via Hummer to Emerald Lake. It's a long drive, but you do get to see what I'd consider to be the real countryside.  Also a decent chance at seeing wildlife along the way (although we only saw one bear).

Here's my review: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/07/09/excursion-focus-yukon-hummer-adventure-skagway-alaska

18 hours ago, Matt said:

I did a guided tour via Hummer to Emerald Lake. It's a long drive, but you do get to see what I'd consider to be the real countryside.  Also a decent chance at seeing wildlife along the way (although we only saw one bear).

Here's my review: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/07/09/excursion-focus-yukon-hummer-adventure-skagway-alaska

Thanks Matt! I really like the idea of having a "tour" at my own pace. In my case we're only 4 in one Jeep following no one, so it sounds it will be a nice adventure!

1 hour ago, carlosalonsor said:

Thanks Matt! I really like the idea of having a "tour" at my own pace. In my case we're only 4 in one Jeep following no one, so it sounds it will be a nice adventure!

Where do you reserve this? Didnt see it on the cruise planner. Thinking we may prefer it to the train.