Trip/Travel Insurance Recommendations

rjac

If you are a USAA member, they have a program through C&F Travel insurance.  Good prices but I've never had to submit a claim yet.

You can try Insuremytrip.com.  That site give quotes for several companies including Allianz, AIG and more and has gotten good reviews.  

@melski94 That’s great info, I am married to a retired jarhead and we use USAA for all our insurance and somehow I didn’t know this bit of wisdom! 

We use the coverage available with our travel credit card since it offers decent benefits. But I recently got a policy through Steve who is at this  URL- https://tripinsurancestore.com/getquotation/

He shoots straight snd offers a multitude of options based on budget and need.

happy sailing! ??‍♀️

Lynn

We should also be aware of the need for medical and evacuation coverage in addition to trip insurance.

What we have found to be the most cost effective strategy for us has been to book the trips on a credit card that offers trip cancellation (although they usually do not have the "cancel for any reason" clause) and then purchase medical insurance separately from GeoBlue, getting their Voyager Choice single trip option. They have really good evacuation and pre-existing condition coverage, along with choices for amount of coverage, deductibles, etc . They also have annual policies, as suggested by @WAAAYTOOO. Fortunately, we have never had to make a claim, but reviews I've seen on the claim process are pretty good.

Do be aware that their policies are secondary, so you'd have to submit any claims to your primary insurer first and then submit the resulting paperwork to them. Many people have no coverage for foreign counties, which is why this coverage is so important. From what I have read, helicopter evacuation cost can easily reach 6 figures. We have bought these plans both directly from them and also through a third party company whose website will give you comparisons of many different companies.

www.geobluetravelinsurance.com        www.insuremytrip.com

Here is a link to a post I did last August showing some cost comparisons.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5470-travel-insurance/&do=findComment&comment=81629

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 6:10 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

When we used to do individual trip insurance, we always used USAA but I have started purchasing annual trip insurance since we are cruising more.  It's more affordable.  I've never had to file a claim so I have no idea how that aspect will work.  Our annual policy is with Allianz

I also bought an annual policy, mainly for the air evac and non-medical benefits since this will be a busy travel year. 

The medical benefits include a postpaid hospital network (rare here in the Philippines) and a real insurance card from United Healthcare. I was impressed. The carrier is https://www.sevencorners.com