Transportation to the port

What port are you going to?  Is this to Port Everglades?  Many hotels offer a free airport shuttle and a port shuttle for about $10 per person and you don't need car seats in a hotel shuttle.  Plus you have to deal with dropping you off at the port and someone has to return the rental car.  You can also see if there are shuttles that would provide car seats.

Assuming you are in FL, FL laws do not require a booster for your 6 year old.  

We purchased the BubbleBum for my youngest.  It is a portable booster that is so easy to pack in a suitcase.  So much easier than lugging around a booster seat.  

22 minutes ago, Th3CruiseGuru said:

We are sailing out of Port Everglades .  We are currently in the Hilton marina which from what I’m told doesn’t have a shuttle service.  

Are you there several days before the cruise or flying in the day before?  Personally if flying in the day before, I would change my reservation to a hotel that has a shuttle service.   Or do you plan on keeping the rental car the entire trip and paying for parking at the port?  Just wondering how you are getting back from the port to the airport? 

It may be worth it to bring 1 car seat and uber.

I agree with  @melski94 to possibly change hotels that have a shuttle.  $122 seems like a lot of spend on a ride from the airport-hotel-port.  In Fort Lauderdale, everything is so close to each other.  It's about a 10min ride from airport-hotel and then if you are on 17th St., it's a 5 min ride to port.  Many hotels on that stretch have complimentary airport-hotel shuttles and shuttles to port the next day (for a small fee).

I have done a little bit of digging.  One hotel the Embassy Suite has a shuttle but it was more for my family of 6 to go on their shuttle then rent a car. 

I am leaning towards staying at GalleryOne Double Tree and just renting a car. 

Next month we are going with just friends so we are going to uber everywhere.  That seems like the cheapest route, but with kids I don't want to haul a car seat around.