western mediterranean Cruise

chadnipp

Hey everyone. First time on the message boards and I was wondering if anyone here has taken a cruise to Italy around late August to early September. We booked a cruise for August 31st 2014 and I am trying to see if anyone has been there at this time to see how the weather is.  We would like to still be able to lay out and enjoy the sun as well as swim in the ships pools and maybe spend a little time on one of Italy's beaches while we are there. Want to make sure that the water will be warm enough to swim in. I heard there weather is similar to ours as in Hot in the Summer and cool in the fall.  

Any help would be appreciated..

Welcome!

I had a friend who flew to Italy for a vacation about the same time as you're going and he reported it was definitely quite warm there.  I'd be more surprised if it was too cold to swim than if it's warm enough.

You've booked a great cruise, should be a very fun time!

Hey everyone. First time on the message boards and I was wondering if anyone here has taken a cruise to Italy around late August to early September. We booked a cruise for August 31st 2014 and I am trying to see if anyone has been there at this time to see how the weather is.  We would like to still be able to lay out and enjoy the sun as well as swim in the ships pools and maybe spend a little time on one of Italy's beaches while we are there. Want to make sure that the water will be warm enough to swim in. I heard there weather is similar to ours as in Hot in the Summer and cool in the fall.  

Any help would be appreciated..

Hi Chadnipp,

We just came back from the Canaries and our Cruise was from the 14th October till 26th October and the weather was superb. The Canaries was in the high 80s and you will be going further into the Mediterranean so you will have no problem with the water being warm and the sun being hot we were swimming in the pool most days at around 17:00 and it was fine.

Just make sure you take plenty of sun cream you will need it as i think it will be close to 90s  :)

Awesome. Thats what I was hoping for.  Want to enjoy Italy but wouldnt mind being able to sit pool side and relax on our sea day either.  i just found out today that the port in Civitavecchia is actually about 1 and 1/2 hours away from Rome so we will need to take a train or some other form of transport to get there when we dock.  Hopefully we will still have plenty of time to see everything we want losing 3 hours in travel time. ;(