Sea sick April Cruise?

You booked a good cabin being low and midship.  You are also on a large ship which helps.  There is no way to predict waves as usually they are a result of storms.  I tend to cruise during March and we've had some cruises with no motion and others with lots.  You just never know.  Since you know you are prone to motion sickness you can bring and take precautions.  You can do the natural remedies like ginger tea, ginger gum, ginger candy, ginger Dramamine (non drownsy), green apples (in the WJ).  Or you can bring bonine, dramamine or even go to the doctor for the patch.  Many of us cruise with motion sickness and just bring a lot of stuff just in case.  Good luck!

My daughter and I are both prone to motion sickness. That has never stopped us from cruising. Like @melski94 said, just take precautions before you go. We don’t like using the patch, but when the motion bothers us, we just take Gravol (the Canadian version of Dramamine) and we are good to go. 

While I cannot predict the weather, April is a dryer season in the Caribbean.  There have been good recommendations about medication to take to combat motion sickness. Many medicines come with side effects.  We are taking sea bands for our girls this spring.  My brother and sister in law have had great luck with them, and we've already purchased some.  We'll probably take some Bonine as well.

10 minutes ago, VolFanInGa said:

While I cannot predict the weather, April is a dryer season in the Caribbean.  There have been good recommendations about medication to take to combat motion sickness. Many medicines come with side effects.  We are taking sea bands for our girls this spring.  My brother and sister in law have had great luck with them, and we've already purchased some.  We'll probably take some Bonine as well.

My wife swears by the sea bands and has never had a problem.

I highly recommend the Relief Band. I bought the 1.5 version off Amazon for a recent cruise. You apply the provided gel and place on your wrist like a backwards watch. It emits an eclectic pulse that disrupts the nerve activity that controls nausea and vomiting. You can feel the electric pulse in your hand. It does feel strange at first, but I got used to it. In calm water I kept it on level one. Crossing the Gulf Stream I bumped it up to level two. Hospitals use these for chemo patients and severe morning sickness.

I can’t even watch my kids play video games. I was able to sit on the deck and watch the waves with no problems. Curtains moving in the dining rooms didn’t bother me. I wore it a few days after the cruise and it helped with that back on land feeling.

The band isn’t cheap, but was absolutely worth every penny.

7 hours ago, Jody Lewis said:

I highly recommend the Relief Band. I bought the 1.5 version off Amazon for a recent cruise. You apply the provided gel and place on your wrist like a backwards watch. It emits an eclectic pulse that disrupts the nerve activity that controls nausea and vomiting. You can feel the electric pulse in your hand. It does feel strange at first, but I got used to it. In calm water I kept it on level one. Crossing the Gulf Stream I bumped it up to level two. Hospitals use these for chemo patients and severe morning sickness.

I can’t even watch my kids play video games. I was able to sit on the deck and watch the waves with no problems. Curtains moving in the dining rooms didn’t bother me. I wore it a few days after the cruise and it helped with that back on land feeling.

The band isn’t cheap, but was absolutely worth every penny.

I'm so glad to read about your experience with this - it's in my wish list on Amazon and, although I never get sea sick, my husband is prone to it, and I was thinking about picking one up for him.  So awesome.