Lunch at Chops with The Key

PocketsRN

I just booked the key for the first time.  Don't care too much about the special accesses or anything, but for what we're gonna he paying for internet anyway, the extra few bucks would be worth it just for the lunch at Chops, but what's it like? Is it typical Chops fare, or do they just transplant the buffet down to a nicer venue for the day?

4 hours ago, PocketsRN said:

I just booked the key for the first time.  Don't care too much about the special accesses or anything, but for what we're gonna he paying for internet anyway, the extra few bucks would be worth it just for the lunch at Chops, but what's it like? Is it typical Chops fare, or do they just transplant the buffet down to a nicer venue for the day?

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/12/04/review-royal-caribbeans-the-key-vip-guest-experience

By our very own @twangster

While I have never purchased the Key, I have no reason to believe that the Chops lunch would be different from any other Chops lunch.

We find lunch at Chops on embarkation day to be a respite in a tornado.  It is quiet, tasty and very very enjoyable.  It has become a sort of tradition with us.  MANY times we are the only people in the restaurant.  That will almost certainly change with the Key but in the past, it was a wonderful, quiet place to enjoy a good lunch with a madhouse going on around you.

Says it's being trialled on Oasis and Liberty, but I just booked it for Enchantment.  Didn't trigger an alert or anything about it not being available on Enchantment yet, so checked a couple of the other ones I have booked, and it's showing for all of them.  Should I assume it's not gonna be available, and cancel it?

2 minutes ago, PocketsRN said:

Says it's being trialled on Oasis and Liberty, but I just booked it for Enchantment.  Didn't trigger an alert or anything about it not being available on Enchantment yet, so checked a couple of the other ones I have booked, and it's showing for all of them.  Should I assume it's not gonna be available, and cancel it?

The trial was short lived.  It's expanded to many ships since then.  

It's pretty easy for them to implement, I'd assume it's already being provided on your ship.