Free vacation starter pack?

Crashgirl

19 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

It is something given away by Park West, the company that has art auctions throughout your cruise.

Without getting into a greater discussion of the business practices of Park West, I'd say it should be a very low priority to do. Personally, I would not waste my time.

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

Without getting into a greater discussion of the business practices of Park West, I'd say it should be a very low priority to do. Personally, I would not waste my time.

Aw, come on Matt.  Let's talk about collecting art from Park West for the all the great timeshare properties you hear about...

But I will say it more directly.  Don't waste your time.

5 hours ago, MrMarc said:

Aw, come on Matt.  Let's talk about collecting art from Park West for the all the great timeshare properties you hear about...

But I will say it more directly.  Don't waste your time.

For the new cruisers:

If you see artwork you like on any cruise ship, spend the money for Voom for a day and do your due diligence on both Park West Gallery and on the price of the print you're buying.  Hint:  If they tell you it's an investment, you're buying at retail and would sell at wholesale - along with other people who bought the same print from Park West.  Please read: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2016-12-14/ever-bought-artwork-on-a-cruise-prepare-to-be-seasick .  

If you love the art, buy it. But if you ever bought a name brand product on the Promenade on a "Special 70% off sale!!!" and found it cheaper back home - realize you can find the price of a Michael Kors bag easily back home, but maybe not the price for a given print until you try to sell it.

Any time there is free alcohol, nobody is offering an 'investment'.  Timeshares,  "Prime Bank Debentures",  or prints on a cruise.

Sorry, but the Postal Inspector in me is still strong even after 8 years of retirement.