Attn Suite Lovers !!

Meh ... I put down a deposit a year or so ago with them (for a regular room, not seeing suites in my plans ever), increasingly thinking I will be getting it refunded next month when they finally release itineraries for booking. Havent seen/heard anything yet that doesn't sound like overpriced and not my thing unfortunately, loved Virgin Airlines and was hoping to love Virgin cruises.

Not bad (although the first has seriously overdone the black ?). I did like the open air Peek-a-View shower (those windows at the showers and whirlpool tubs are the reason I keep returning to the NCL Haven Suites).  The Virgin prices are usually high, but since Atlanta leans heavily toward our hometown favorite Delta, I haven’t gotten to spend a lot of time with their existing travel options! But it will be interesting to see if they intend to truly compete. 

On 1/16/2019 at 3:33 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

This is the most appealing part of Virgin for us, but I'munsure they will exceed.our budget. 

I can’t imagine cruising without kids as we look at it from the perspective of a family friendly vacation. I guess when I’m 60+ maybe I will find a Regent Seven Seas cruise where they will keep me full of French champagne and caviar sans kids. The thought of a Virgin cruise full of alcohol thirsty frat boys and sorority girls dancing to the pounding house music (on mommy and daddy’s dime) is very unappealing to me. No doubt the ship will be a big pink neon party on the ocean though! 

28 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I can’t imagine cruising without kids as we look at it from the perspective of a family friendly vacation. I guess when I’m 60+ maybe I will find a Regent Seven Seas cruise where they will keep me full of French champagne and caviar sans kids. The thought of a Virgin cruise full of alcohol thirsty frat boys and sorority girls dancing to the pounding house music (on mommy and daddy’s dime) is very unappealing to me. No doubt the ship will be a big pink neon party on the ocean though! 

Ha, I can't say that image ever came to mind for me.  But, as they say, it can't be unseen and I guess my fantasy of an adults-only, enjoyable cruise is down the drain, lol.  It was nice while it lasted.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to agree with Waaaytooo on this.  The decor in my opinion already looks dated.   It looks like some throwback to the 80s.  I think my bedroom as a teenager had this color palate and minimalist design.  

I think they're taking their inspiration from Vegas with these, with suite lovers being all about the massive adult party and .... extra curriculars?  I can see their inspiration being kids poking their heads out of the sunroof in a limo screaming WOOOOO!

I just dont think I'd be able to relax on one of these ships.  I mean the views look nice, and a stocked bar does seem nice, but the mood lighting, black white and red decor, guitars everywhere, I just am confused that they're attempting to attract just one type of client.  

Comeon Virgin, these ships are definitely luxe, why not have one of the rockstar suites called "Hangover Recovery" or something like that built to relax in?  And instead of unlimited cocktails in your suite, how about unlimited massages?

Just now, princevaliantus said:

You must give us the 411 on this upon your return and if you can compare it to what RCCL has to offer on Coco Cay. This should be interesting!!

The cruise is still 100 years away but I will do a full review this Summer when we take our boat over to Bimini I will go check it out. It’s part of Resorts World Bimini so I’m guessing it may be duel purposed for the Cruise and the resort we normally stay at. 

Just now, tonyfsu21 said:

The cruise is still 100 years away but I will do a full review this Summer when we take our boat over to Bimini I will go check it out. It’s part of Resorts World Bimini so I’m guessing it may be duel purposed for the Cruise and the resort we normally stay at. 

Cool !!! Can't wait to read it!!

15 minutes ago, ThyriC said:

I'm going to agree with Waaaytooo on this.  The decor in my opinion already looks dated.   It looks like some throwback to the 80s.  I think my bedroom as a teenager had this color palate and minimalist design.  

I think they're taking their inspiration from Vegas with these, with suite lovers being all about the massive adult party and .... extra curriculars?  I can see their inspiration being kids poking their heads out of the sunroof in a limo screaming WOOOOO!

I just dont think I'd be able to relax on one of these ships.  I mean the views look nice, and a stocked bar does seem nice, but the mood lighting, black white and red decor, guitars everywhere, I just am confused that they're attempting to attract just one type of client.  

Comeon Virgin, these ships are definitely luxe, why not have one of the rockstar suites called "Hangover Recovery" or something like that built to relax in?  And instead of unlimited cocktails in your suite, how about unlimited massages?

Yep the suite we booked looks like it’s straight out of Las Vegas in the 80’s. It should be interesting. Although, I prefer Vegas in the 80’s to present day so we may be their target cruiser.