My Missing Platinum Pin

cmdrfrag

The Wife and I where on board Independence back in October for a week away and had a great time.

Towards the end of the week it dawned on me that this was my first cruise as Platinum and I vaguely remembered reading about a Pin you get. So I enquired at GS to see how that worked, was I ment to get it on board or does it get sent out to me later. Girl on the desk mentioned that I should have gotten it in the Stateroom when I arrived but that they didn't have any Pins on board.

Bit of a shame but I was having a great cruise and it didn't really bother me so I went off and enjoyed the last couple of days.

Last week I got a strange text message saying they where FedEx and that my delivery would be made on the 15th, "if you would like to see the status of the order click this link". I hadn't ordered anything and wasn't expecting anything so I ignored it as a phishing attempt. I don't like clicking links I don't know from emails or messages. Yesterday I got another text to say that the delivery would be today (yesterday). At this point I'm thinking the messages are legit and start getting "The Fear". What the hell did I order and why cant I remember it?

Got home yesterday and opened up the envelope and inside was my Pin. Was really surprised. Girl at the desk must have noted something on my account and sent it off. That was pretty cool of her and I'm sorry that I don't remember her name now, it was a throwaway conversation and I didn't really expect anything to be done after I wasn't overly fussed about chasing it.

Just now, bhageerah said:

We were platinum prior to our last cruise, and did not get a pin either, we are going up to Emerald on this next cruise in March so we will see what happens!  

The pin should be in your stateroom on the cruise after you have been upgraded to the next level , so if you are already emerald in the system you should get it , if you only become emerald during your next cruise it will not be there yet. 

We are not emerald yet, we currently have 53 points and have a Jr Suite booked on Anthem in March, I know that we will have to wait until our next cruise to get our Emerald pin, it is just going to be interesting to see if we get it.  It isn't a deal buster either way I will still stick with RCCL and am looking forward to moving my way up to the Diamond and Diamond plus level!?

1 hour ago, mworkman said:

We haven't see a pin yet, not that it's a big deal to us.  It would be nice to get the beach towels though, maybe when we hit diamond...We're just 3 points shy of that, which we will take care of in a few days.

I was Diamond on my last cruise and got nothing. Not even a pin. 

So, when would you normally get the pin?  In the mail?  On your first cruise at the new level?  I am curious, we turned Platinum in the middle of our last cruise, so, the first full cruise at the new level won't be till April.

We DID get a congratulatory email, but that's it.

For us, we have always found our pins waiting in our stateroom when we arrive. We never got platinum pins but the emerald and diamond were waiting for us in little plastic bags attached to a congratulations note from the Loyalty Ambassador on 1st cruise after obtaining the required points.