How to track special deals in Cruise Planner

sydney

I've booked cruise and checking Cruise Planner from time to time waiting for good internet deal to come up.

Is there a way (like notifications) to be alerted when  new deals are available?

Also what is a good deal for Voom (4 devices)?  Currently is $37 per day (on Ovation of the Seas).

thanks

When are you sailing?  In my experience, Black Friday deals are the best all year, so if you've got that coming up again before your cruise, that would be a good time to check prices on anything you've already bought for repricing, and plan on booking anything else you need to then.  Otherwise, it's very hit and miss throughout the year.  It's helpful to find a Facebook group to join for the cruise you're sailing on since sometimes the sales are trip-specific and not something that would be obvious to everyone fleet wide.  I'm on one and we all share info about sales we run across.

I'm not sure what price would be good for Voom on your sailing, but if you see it advertised at least 30% off on board pricing, that's pretty good.  I snagged 40% off on Black Friday and haven't seen it go that low since.

@Matt posts to the main blog (not these forums) every time a new Cruise Planner sale starts. So you can check the blog home page daily, or subscribe to it in your news feed reader of voice, and be kept up to date.

Do be aware that the Cruise Planner sometimes has random price drops that happen independently of sale timings, so it pays to check at least once a week whether you see an announcement or not.

Best I got for VOOM was 50% off on-board prices, which translated to $17.99/night for a 2-device plan. That was shortly AFTER Black Friday sales had happened, and was one of those random price drops I mentioned.

People here are good about posting random drops in this forum, so it’s another reason to check back regularly. ?

I bought the 4 device plan for $26.99 and $29.99 and both were in October before Black Friday so Black Friday did not have the best deals for my sailings.  Right now, my July sailing shows it at $54 (20% off) and if it stays at that price I probably won't buy it.  If you are comfortable with the price, you can purchase it now and cancel and rebook it if it goes lower.

Sorry if my earlier post was confusing and made it sound like someone should wait until Black Friday to book things through the cruise planner.  I definitely agree with the others above, book things ASAP and continue watching for price drops to rebook at the better rate.  Last year, I found my best rates all year on Black Friday when I rebooked several things, so I was just suggesting that as one of the prime days (plus throughout that weekend through Cyber Monday) to check rates on anything you've already booked.  That is if you don't price check every day of the year all ready. :6_smile:

@sydney looks like you're sailing well before then however, so hopefully you'll see some other drops by March.  Have a great trip - what amazing places to cruise from and to!!! 

34 minutes ago, Brobbins246 said:

Sorry if my earlier post was confusing and made it sound like someone should wait until Black Friday to book things through the cruise planner.  I definitely agree with the others above, book things ASAP and continue watching for price drops to rebook at the better rate.  Last year, I found my best rates all year on Black Friday when I rebooked several things, so I was just suggesting that as one of the prime days (plus throughout that weekend through Cyber Monday) to check rates on anything you've already booked.  That is if you don't price check every day of the year all ready. :6_smile:

@sydney looks like you're sailing well before then however, so hopefully you'll see some other drops by March.  Have a great trip - what amazing places to cruise from and to!!! 

Agree    1/27 sailing The DB package was $50 until 1/4 & it dropped to $42 so I booked it & the RR package for $26. Than on 1/8 the RR package dropped to $20 so I cancelled & rebooked. Be nice if something would drop again but doubtful ?

I have one more question but in regards of on board credit (not sure to open new topic or to ask you guys here)!?

Anyway, can on board credit be added later on or it must be included on the day of booking ? When I booked my cruise there wasn't any on board credit included but now when I look at the same cruise, they are offering on board credit ?.

Thanks 

Whatever OBC is offered at the time of booking is what you'll have unless you reprice and rebook the trip when it's offered later on.  But if the price of the trip is higher then, it might cancel out any OBC compared to the price you locked in already.  You have to do a mock booking on the same room type you have to see if the bottom line is better than your current deal or not.  If you booked with refundable rates, you also have to go all the way through putting the travelers' names, birth dates, etc. into the mock booking to be able to select the refundable option.

Likewise, if you book with OBC and reprice later on to get a better base rate or sale price, you'll lose the OBC you already have if it's not included in the new rate.  

• 1 month later...

Is this how it goes or something is wrong:

I’ve tracked special and choose Voom for 4 devices for $37 per day (normaly is $47)... than I checked my cart and it was visible in there!

Couple days after price in cruise planer jas changed to normal price ($47).....and I checked my cart and price in my cart has changed as well ?????!!!!

Is that how it should be or price in my cart should stay at the price I booked it for ($36) ???

36 minutes ago, sydney said:

Is this how it goes or something is wrong:

I’ve tracked special and choose Voom for 4 devices for $37 per day (normaly is $47)... than I checked my cart and it was visible in there!

Couple days after price in cruise planer jas changed to normal price ($47).....and I checked my cart and price in my cart has changed as well ?????!!!!

Is that how it should be or price in my cart should stay at the price I booked it for ($36) ???

Did you just put the Internet package in your cart or did you actually checkout and pay for it using either a credit card or OBC? Just putting something in your cart doesn’t lock in a price. It’s just like leaving something in your cart on Amazon or some other online store. Until you check out, items in your cart are subject to price changes. The good news is that you can cancel purchases made in the cruise planner easily and without penalty up to normally 2 or 3 days prior to your cruise. This also translates to if you see a better price than what you booked, just go into your history and cancel the item that decreased in price and repurchase it at the new sale price. 

On 1/15/2019 at 9:00 PM, sydney said:

I've booked cruise and checking Cruise Planner from time to time waiting for good internet deal to come up.

Is there a way (like notifications) to be alerted when  new deals are available?

Also what is a good deal for Voom (4 devices)?  Currently is $37 per day (on Ovation of the Seas).

thanks

I just now purchased surf & stream 4 devices for $26.99 a day. on Ovation  Best i've seen in a while.

4 minutes ago, Crusinjunky said:

Sorry I actually purchased the 3 device package for $23.99 a day. Which is also very good. Best the 4 device is $26.99 for Ovation sept 20 2019

My prices are in AUD... your price must be in USA...I am sailing from Sydney !