Cruise - over zealous?

BTE

Well I went from not cruising for 8 years Jan 2011 to booking a cruise in Dec for Jan 2019. Than I put a deposit down on 1/9 for a cruise in Aug 2019 & today I put a deposit down for one in Feb 2020. My wife asked was I getting carried away all of the sudden LOL but she didn't say no.

Upcoming cruises

Allure          1/27/2019

Ovation       8/9/2019

Adventure   2/1/2020

Guess I'll just work on planning excursions ect.. for the last 2 & hold off booking anything else for now. Thanks to Michelle - MEI Travel.

Yep, this website is DANGEROUS for the wallet. I went 17 years since my last cruise (I was 14) and found these boards and the podcast when I was researching for a May 2019 cruise. Suddenly I also had a November 2018 one booked as well as May 2020, Jan 2021 and Michelle at MEI is going to price out a November 2019 for me tonight or tomorrow.

My M.O. is pausing the podcast in the middle of an episode to call my mom and go “.......so I was having some thinky thoughts. What are your feelings on a cruise for X?” My parents love that I plan everything out and reprice regularly which has saved us hundreds and I love that doing so makes me all the more excited and connected with the trip. Works out well for everyone! Now I just have to convince my brother to join us one of these times.....

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

Welcome to a very non-exclusive club of cruise addicts and their indifferent spouses!

She has no problem with the going part  LOL. She's always up for a trip somewhere. She just doesn't like the part about booking now for a cruise 54 weeks from now as she says something might come up. But it didn't take much convincing ?

Never cruised until after I turned 57 and only when suggested by my in-laws. We did Alaska in June and subsequently booked Caribbean a couple weeks ago, Bahamas in March and Bermuda in July. A couple moths ago my spouse said "No more!". After a visit with my father in Florida after the Caribbean cruise we showed my father pictures of our Alaska. He was stationed at Ft. Richardson in Anchorage in 1959-60.  After seeing the pictures it was my wife who told me to look into 2020 return to Alaska!

7 hours ago, Matt said:

club of cruise addicts and their indifferent spouses

^^^ This is hilarious!  Hubby and I were just talking over the weekend and he asked me if there were any husbands/wives on the blog messages that both post and participate.  I could not think of any! ?  

56 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

^^^ This is hilarious!  Hubby and I were just talking over the weekend and he asked me if there were any husbands/wives on the blog messages that both post and participate.  I could not think of any! ?  

Hubby got me in here ?  I would say we are both a bit cruise obsessed.   Obviously I haven't posted/commented much yet --