Booked directly with RCCL - never got an invoice?

Is it odd that when I booked my upcoming cruise directly with Royal Caribbean on the website that they never sent me an invoice?  I mean, it's completely paid for, I have my Set Sail Pass, everything is cool, but if anyone asked me how much I paid for my cruise, I'd be doing some real thinking to be able to break it down. (Yes, I booked my subsequent cruise with Michelle at MEI - I learn eventually!)

22 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Is it odd that when I booked my upcoming cruise directly with Royal Caribbean on the website that they never sent me an invoice?  I mean, it's completely paid for, I have my Set Sail Pass, everything is cool, but if anyone asked me how much I paid for my cruise, I'd be doing some real thinking to be able to break it down.

I have cruised with Royal Caribbean 4 times and I booked on the phone with a royal Caribbean representative 3 times and 1 time online and I have always received the confirmation email along with the confirmation page and request pdf email page for all 4 of my past cruises. I even have 3 future cruises which I had booked 2 of my future cruises over the phone with a royal Caribbean representative and booked the third one on the royal Caribbean website and I even received a confirmation booking email with the confirmation page email pdf’s for all 3 of my future cruises soon after I had paid the deposit for each of my future cruises. If you would like a confirmation pdf receipt emailed to you then call Royal Caribbean and give them your reservation number (if you wrote it down) or if you did not write down your reservation number you can also tell them with your name, sail date and ship name so that they can lookup your cruise and tell them that you did not receive an invoice when you booked your cruise, and request that they email you a copy of that cruise’s invoice so that you have it for your records that the cruise has been paid booked and the remaining balance has been paid (if your cruise has been paid in full).

6 minutes ago, mattymay said:

I've always used the website to book and always received an invoice after making a payment. Sometimes it comes in a few hours or sometimes the next day. 

That's what I figured. It's been 2 months, lol - again, not worried about it - I've checked in and everything - I just went to compare some fares and realized that I wasn't sure exactly what I paid.

Just now, bhageerah said:

It may be in your SPAM folder, I had the same problem happen and that is where mine was.  Or it could be a honest mistake, but either way a quick call should solve the issue?

It's not, I clean it out every other day.  I'm not sure I need it, or that I have time to sit on the phone for 20 minutes waiting for someone to help me - I just thought it was weird.

To be honest I never have needed it, I always have a copy of it available on my phone, and out of 8 cruises I have never been asked for it.  The main thing is your Set Sail pass which EVERYONE asks for once you set foot inside the terminal.  As long as you have that and you know your balance is $0 and have everything set I really would not worry about it.  I am just jealous that you have 2 more cruises booked than I do! Please enjoy! 

Just now, bhageerah said:

To be honest I never have needed it, I always have a copy of it available on my phone, and out of 8 cruises I have never been asked for it.  The main thing is your Set Sail pass which EVERYONE asks for once you set foot inside the terminal.  As long as you have that and you know your balance is $0 and have everything set I really would not worry about it.  I am just jealous that you have 2 more cruises booked than I do! Please enjoy! 

Ha! Yeah, I kind of went crazy this year.  My husband had surgery in Sept and was completely dependent on me for a while, so as a thank you he's sending me on this short 4 night cruise in Feb (I'll take it!).  We were planning a huge trip in June (Yellowstone, and then spend a week in WA State looking at real estate) before our Alaskan cruise, but he had to use so much of his PTO that we had to cut everything except the cruise (it'll be interesting, he's terrified of flying).  So I said to him a few weeks ago "Hey, since we had to cut our vacation in half this June, why don't we take a winter cruise to make up for it?", assuming he'd say no.  Turns out, I was wrong! We haven't been able to take a vacation of any sort for the last 10 years (the last time we cruised), so I'm pretty ready for it all!  (Assuming that he is willing to fly next winter after enduring it this June - we'll see how it goes). #refundable

5 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Is it odd that when I booked my upcoming cruise directly with Royal Caribbean on the website that they never sent me an invoice?  I mean, it's completely paid for, I have my Set Sail Pass, everything is cool, but if anyone asked me how much I paid for my cruise, I'd be doing some real thinking to be able to break it down. (Yes, I booked my subsequent cruise with Michelle at MEI - I learn eventually!)

Check your trash.  For some reason, everything that RCCL sends me goes DIRECTLY into the trash can.  I checked to see if I have RCCL "blocked" somehow but it doesn't seem like they are blocked.  It happens 100% of the time.  I now know that when I'm expecting something from Royal to go to the garbage can to retrieve it but it took me a long time to figure it out.

I'm a regular spam checker and thought I was crazy when I booked my cruise and didn't receive an invoice for remaining charges. I received a confirmation email but it didn't state remaining amount due. As a new cruiser with no experience, I thought that I just had to log in and make payments (I didn't book through a travel agent, in the future I might consider using one). It wasn't until I started reading this blog that I realized I could call in and check price reductions...first time I called and they repriced my cruise, I get an email with a pdf and actually broke down all charges by passenger. I'm sure there is a reason Royal doesn't send the invoice (they probably want you to call so they can attempt to up-sell, common marketing  technique "foot in the door") but I found it terribly inconvenient and it somewhat bothered me. It seems common courtesy to provide your customers with an invoice upon confirmation of booking. I also think it would be useful if they sent the cruise contract with the confirmation of booking rather than as final cruise documents. I looked back at my first confirmation email and it has my reservation number, the amount I paid for the deposit, and the amount of on board credit. Not that I think everyone would read the document, but it should would go a long way toward Royal having their legal rear ends covered. My first posting on this site was on a related thread.

20 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Check your trash.  For some reason, everything that RCCL sends me goes DIRECTLY into the trash can.  I checked to see if I have RCCL "blocked" somehow but it doesn't seem like they are blocked.  It happens 100% of the time.  I now know that when I'm expecting something from Royal to go to the garbage can to retrieve it but it took me a long time to figure it out.

I've read about people's difficulties getting RCCL's emails - I've received every Cruise Planner confirmation, my Royal Up email, and get at least 4-5 promotional emails a week from them. So apparently it's this:

20 hours ago, twangster said:

It's not automatic anymore.  Another 2018 enhancement. 

If you book over the phone request an invoice by email when booking.  If booking on the website, call with the booking number and request an invoice.  

Another travel agency advantage as most agencies send you an invoice.

I'll call when I get up this afternoon and do just this.  At first I wasn't too worried about it, then I passed the time during a very "q" night at work (we NEVER use the actual word here) reading @JLMoran s blog on his Anthem cruise (fantastic blog, btw - really enjoyed it) and noted that he had some trouble with prepaid gratuities not being recognized, so I decided that it's just better to have it printed and bring it with and not need it than the other way around.  

I cannot express how appreciative I am to have access to such great, experienced, helpful people like you all here.  Many of you are actually "cruising mentors", whether you realize it or not! I really hope that I can get myself to a group cruise someday and say thank you in person!