Atlantis Swim in Wonder + Aquaventure - Nassau

katjan

I am considering the Atlantis Swim in Wonder + Aquaventure excursion in Nassau in May.  It says it is a 4 hour excursion.  Is the Aquaventure pass only a half-day pass?  Four hours for both the swim and the water park seems too short.  Also, my son (8) really wants to feel like he is swimming with dolphins vs just interacting with them.  Specifically, he would love to do a dorsal fin tow.  I've seen a lot of reviews about the shallow water experience, but not the Swim in Wonder.  Wondering if anyone has done this excursion and can provide input as to whether it is worth the money and if it is a full day pass to the water park.  (We expect to be in port 8am - 9pm).  If it isn't, I may just try Discovery Cove in Orlando before we leave and book the Pearl Island excursion in Nassau. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I am wondering the same thing myself. We are scheduled to cruise in January. Its 4 hours which doesn't seem like a lot of time. I emailed RCCL which in turn said they would reach out to the Shore Excursion group who runs the tour. Two weeks later still no response. Maybe due to the hurricane, but just in case I refunded the excursion. It's just too much money to be disappointed.

Here is some info on the swim with wonder. The program itself is 1hr.

https://www.atlantisbahamas.com/thingstodo/dolphincay/deepwaterswim

i have done a dolphin encounter at Atlantis. They seem to be stricter there with what you can do with them. I don’t believe they do dorsal fin tows there. 

I will be Atlantis on Tuesday. We supposedly have a 5 hour pass (in Nassau until 9pm) I can report back on what time we are to return.

I do think that the time duration in the cruise planner is if you want transportation provided by RC. If you stay longer then you may be on your own to get back to the ship.

• 2 months later...

If you have a late departure time I would recommend checking out the Atlantis site.  They have many different encounters and things to do at less cost than RC.  Just take a cab over from the port and back again.  The biggest risk, as I see it, is if the ship changes its itinerary and you lose your ticket price.