Fare Reduction for Phantom Cabin

AlohaLivin

Sorry, this isn’t a ghost question ?

I know that the answer to this is here somewhere, but I simply cannot find it so please forgive me if this is repetitive!

Are there any options for getting a fare reduction over time when the cabin booked is one that has only 2-6 per ship and tends to sell out fairly quickly (so that none are left to which to compare)?  In our case we booked the Panoramic Suite on RCL Adventure of the Seas where there are only 2 of these suites total. We booked it more than a year out, so I would expect some probability of a price drop, but how would I know if it would have dropped or is this basically a hopeless situation? ??‍♀️

Lynn ??‍♀️

@2BeezeYes. You can still get a price reduction. I have done this first hand.

Here are some examples:

A) We booked a star Loft on Harmony and there are only 2 per ship. We grabbed the last one. This was back in January 2018. I have since priced it down 3 times for a total of almost $3K less than what I originally paid.

B) Anthem GC we booked a JS. There are many in this category but JS sold out a long time ago. I have also priced this one down about $500 since it disappeared.

C) most recently, we booked the Villa suite on Harmony. There is only one. I recently just got another $200 off of it. Not much but still something.

How does this happen? I track prices on all the categories in the class that I book. For example, for the Star loft, I was tracking all the prices for JS and above. If there was a drop in one of those categories, I would call and assume there was a drop in mine even though mine was gone. There was every time. 

So the answer to your question is yes, you can re-price even if the category is gone.  It is not hopeless.  As long as it is all prior to final payment. But you have to make the effort to track it.

8 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Here are some examples:

A) We booked a star Loft on Harmony and there are only 2 per ship. We grabbed the last one. This was back in January 2018. I have since priced it down 3 times for a total of almost $3K less than what I originally paid.

B) Anthem GC we booked a JS. There are many in this category but JS sold out a long time ago. I have also priced this one down about $500 since it disappeared.

C) most recently, we booked the Villa suite on Harmony. There is only one. I recently just got another $200 off of it. Not much but still something.

How does this happen? I track prices on all the categories in the class that I book. For example, for the Star loft, I was tracking all the prices for JS and above. If there was a drop in one of those categories, I would call and assume there was a drop in mine even though mine was gone. There was every time. 

So the answer to your question is yes, you can re-price even if the category is gone.  It is not hopeless.  As long as it is all prior to final payment. But you have to make the effort to track it.

Thanks! I thought you had said so before, I just could not locate it. Thanks so much! ☀️???

Lynn

I wish there was a way to track your EXACT cabin category somewhere.  I have had the same experience as Sabrina where you must track the prices of JS in hopes that the higher priced categories follow the trend.  ....but alas, nobody, that I have found, anyway, tracks the exact cabin categories....just the lowest category in a cabin class.  ☹️

On 1/15/2019 at 9:06 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Not just the JS, if I book a suite, I will track all the suites, JS and above.  If I notice a drop in most of them, the sold out likely followed suit.

I am surprised that they have a list of what the new price would be for sold out categories at all (and admit to it)!

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2019 at 9:54 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Here are some examples:

Thanks so much for the link to this thread (through facebook).  

• 1 year later...
On 1/15/2019 at 9:06 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Not just the JS, if I book a suite, I will track all the suites, JS and above.  If I notice a drop in most of them, the sold out likely followed suit.

@Lovetocruise2002…how do you track all the suite classes on your cruise?  Is there a S?W tool to do it or do you just have to keep track of the prices manually?