Kids at wonderland

Marlena

As far as I know, Wonderland does not have a kids menu.  If you have adventurous kids, they might find something they like there.  If your kids are like mine - pizza, burger, chicken fingers, hot dogs - then just do what @Matt does, feed them at the WJ first, drop them off at Adventure Ocean, and then go with adults.  It is definitely a "must try" at least once.

Hi @Marlena, welcome to the message boards!

As @Lovetocruise2002 indicated, and to the best of my knowledge, there is no kids menu in Wonderland; but if your kids are adventurous eaters (and in particular enjoy seafood, as that's the vast majority of the menu), they will probably enjoy it and find at least a few things that will appeal to them. If they're still in the pizza and chicken fingers crowd, then make arrangements for them to eat beforehand and go to Adventure Ocean while the rest of your family enjoys the meal and overall experience.

My wife and I dined there this past October on Anthem, and they didn't even have an "alternative" menu for those adults who aren't seafood fans or into more-adventurous eating. That said, our waiter did a tremendous job of working with my wife and more or less bringing her an entire meal from Chops (which is right next door on Anthem) so that she still had an enjoyable meal. If your children are on the fence about the menu, but you think they'd enjoy at least some of it, then give it a shot and I would wager your waiter will do their best to work with them and their overall palates.

Thanks guys. That what I thought. But this is what co fused me on cruise critics website. 

The menus have been revamped for this Wonderland, and a new kids menu promises the same level of discovery and experimentation, but one that would be more palatable to fussy eaters: mac 'n' cheese fries or edible paper, anyone? 

5 hours ago, Marlena said:

The menus have been revamped for this Wonderland, and a new kids menu promises the same level of discovery and experimentation, but one that would be more palatable to fussy eaters: mac 'n' cheese fries or edible paper, anyone? 

Huh, that's definitely news to me. Which ship is this new menu being promoted on?

4 minutes ago, Marlena said:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=984&pgtype=dining

That's why I ask. I read that and then I hear differently. It's for the symphony of the seas.

OK, if it's on Symphony I can believe it. Wonderland has always been a bit of a tough sell, more so for those with kids. Given Royal's efforts at increasing specialty dining purchases it would make sense that they'd choose the brand new ship to try out an updated menu that's maybe a little less "out there" and more focused on the whimsy of the presentation, with more options to appeal to those who aren't big seafoodies and a kids menu that allows full families to experience the place.

Given this, I'd recommend you call Royal directly and try to get a representative who can give you some more information about the kids menu and other changes in the main menu. It might be better to call the Crown & Anchor number (‭866-562-7625‬) rather than the excursions number; I've found the C&A folks to be more knowledgable and more willing to take the time to find out things for you since they aren't trying to constantly sell stuff. Assuming you can get something like a sample menu read back to you, and it sounds like something that would work with your family, then go ahead and make the reservation.

Looking ahead, if this experiment on Symphony succeeds then you can expect to see it roll out to all of the ships that have a Wonderland on board; either as ships get refurbished, or simply as part of a fleet-wide menu update that can be handled through simply making sure the chefs are trained in the new menu (which they probably can be during regular sailings), followed by changing the provisions loaded onto the ship.

1 minute ago, WannaCruise said:

Someone on cruise critic posted a children's menu for Wonderland, but as above maybe that is specific to Symphony?

Yes, that would be specific to Symphony. The CC link you provided was specifically about the dining options on Symphony and should be taken to apply only to that ship. My apologies, I had thought from the article posting that it meant you were going to be sailing on Symphony; it sounds like maybe you're on another ship? If that's the case, the menu (and lack of children's menu) will be the old one in use on the rest of the fleet.

I should probably also point out that the Mad Hatter and other parts of the "amped up" Alice in Wonderland experience are, if I remember correctly, also unique to Symphony (but may also be on Harmony of the Seas). If you're sailing Anthem, Ovation, or another ship with Wonderland, the decor is "Alice"-themed, but those extra elements (including a special bar area) are missing.

15 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

My 9 year old really wants to try it for the Alice in Wonderland experience (she's been watching videos since we told them about our trip).  Someone on cruise critic posted a children's menu for Wonderland, but as above maybe that is specific to Symphony?

Do you have the link where the menu is posted? I'd love to see it. Thanks 

• 3 years later...