Price changes on meal and beverage packages

cmm

first-timer here-  I purchased the deluxe drink package for $50/night right after we booked our cruise.  Now I'm getting emails offering a cheaper price.  Am I stuck with the higher price or can I somehow cancel the original order and purchase at the lower price?

Thanks!

Just now, cmm said:

first-timer here-  I purchased the deluxe drink package for $50/night right after we booked our cruise.  Now I'm getting emails offering a cheaper price.  Am I stuck with the higher price or can I somehow cancel the original order and purchase at the lower price?

Thanks!

cancel the one you already purchased then purchase the lower price.

Nope, you are not locked in to the higher price.  You can cancel your current package and rebook it at the new price.  Keep in mind that this will refund the original purchase on to the credit card it was ordered with and could take a couple days to process.

RCCL is very good about these things, most all Cruise Planner purchases are fully refundable up to 3 days before your cruise.  That's why the standard recommendation here is to purchase things right away to protect against price increases (when you book 18 months in advance like some of us, that is a real concern) and then keep an eye out for sales.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your cruise!

14 hours ago, cmm said:

Thanks!

You can cancel and rebook quite easily. Here's how to do so: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/10/29/how-cancel-and-rebook-pre-cruise-purchases-royal-caribbeans-cruise-planner

Hi, also to add in. I had used an on board credit with a purchase that had lowered.  I wanted my full refund, then to re-use the credit, so I did call RC customer service to assist me.  No issues, credit card showed the refund, re-purchase at the lower amount minus my used credit.