Embarkation time zone

Nay

Is the ship time for embarkation and debarkation the same time as the port that it's at or is the ship time a different time?

Leaving out of San Juan on Freedom of the Seas in February

So I guess what I'm asking is the time to embark,  be San Juan Puerto Rico time zone?

1 minute ago, Nay said:

Is the ship time for embarkation and debarkation the same time as the port that it's at or is the ship time a different time?

Leaving out of San Juan on Freedom of the Seas in February

So I guess what I'm asking is the time to embark,  be San Juan Puerto Rico time zone?

Yes... Atlantic Time Zone = San Juan Time = Ship Time = Port Time, which just happens to also be my favourite time ... MIMOSA TIME !!??

Just watch for any independent shore excursions you might book in advance with meet up times to find the tour operator.  If you're at a port with a different local time than ship time, the excursion operator will probably give all your meeting instructions in local time and you'll need to keep that straight.  

Correct - ships and schedules are based on local time for the embarkation port.

In San Juan they are in the Atlantic time zone and don’t observe daylight savings time changes.  

BTW - airlines do the same.  All flight times landing or taking off are based on local time.  If your San Juan flight says it lands at 9am that’s 9am San Juan time.