Do/Don't Schedule Fine Line Aqua Show the first night? (Harmony)

neeka27

I am doing my research for our upcoming Harmony of the Seas cruise leaving at the end of March. 

I have now seen multiple tips to NOT book the aqua show the first night because the winds are more prevalent in Fort Lauderdale. 

Is this a real threat most of the time or just occasional bad luck?

Aqua theater shows get cancelled.  That is a fact.  I'm not sure you can really predict which night.  I am of the mindset that you should schedule your Aqua theater shows as early as possible in the sailing because if they do get cancelled, you have other chances to see them (there's always the standby line).  If you schedule them later on, and they get cancelled, you might be out of opportunities.

Just now, mom2mybugs said:

If it gets cancelled, can you book it again, or do you have to do standby line?  Just wondering...we are booked night one on allure.  @Lovetocruise2002 I'm thinking up more and more Oasis class questions to ask you lol...   Jane

You are more than welcome to ask away! 

Yes, if it gets cancelled, you can try to book again as long as availability is there. If not, standby line is always available. They will open it 10min prior to showtime. You can usually always get seats. 

When we sailed Allure, we had to skip out on the night that we reserved because I got sick. We went standby the next night and there were still plenty of seats available.

11 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You are more than welcome to ask away! 

Yes, if it gets cancelled, you can try to book again as long as availability is there. If not, standby line is always available. They will open it 10min prior to showtime. You can usually always get seats. 

When we sailed Allure, we had to skip out on the night that we reserved because I got sick. We went standby the next night and there were still plenty of seats available.

Thanks!   I am really trying to make sure we hit the oasis class specific stuff since we won’t be on a big one again for awhile (we have vision and rhapsody booked for summer and next spring break).   I’m already telling myself that I will have to drag myself out of my deck chair and explore lol!  Jane

33 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

Thanks!   I am really trying to make sure we hit the oasis class specific stuff since we won’t be on a big one again for awhile (we have vision and rhapsody booked for summer and next spring break).   I’m already telling myself that I will have to drag myself out of my deck chair and explore lol!  Jane

You'll have plenty of deck chair time on those small ships ?

6 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Ok...totally hijacking the post lol.  I really wanted to do harmony as my first oasis, but allure was cheaper and worked for timing.  Have you been on before?  Are you doing wonderland?  Jane

Not this time. My great nephew is going. We tend to cruise around him. That means I have to cruise an Oasis ship again. I am leaning towards Oasis.

I am with Sabrina on this one.  I always try and get to the early shows so that, in case those earlier ones are cancelled (for whatever reason), I can catch a later one. If you wait until the later shows and THEY get cancelled, you are out of luck.

The down side is...I guess most people think the same way b/c those earlier shows are usually the most crowded.

Don't miss the Fine Line.  IMO, it is the best Aqua Theater show of them all.  Amazing work on the slack lines.

• 2 weeks later...

For my sailing this weekend on Symphony, I got an email yesterday cancelling the aqua show i had booked for night 2.  they automatically rebooked us for night 5 (early show) but I was able to go in and change it to the later showing that night with no problems, since we are already prebooked into the escape room, which would end with only 15 min to spare, so in order to ensure we had a better seat, I moved it.  So, always try to book the aqua show for as early in the cruise as possible.

On 1/12/2019 at 9:08 PM, mom2mybugs said:

On Allure (Not sure of the others) which I just got off of, if you have to go stand by line, look up on deck 7, either side, which is where the rock climbing walls are and you can only get to them from the Aqua theater deck 6, there are 3-4 deck chairs up there, I watched them one night while I was already seated and it seemed like they didn't get used until the main level had filled up. The show I was at which was the 2nd night was standing room only, it was packed.

33 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

How far in advance do these things normally open to book?..First time on O class for me..and want to make sure I maximize all there is to see and do for sure.

I have seen it as early as 160-170 days out and as close as 45 days out.  Hard to predict.  Keep checking that cruise planner.  Entertainment for our Harmony sailing in march opened in October.  My last Harmony cruise in August 2017, I booked entertainment in early March 2017.  Other who sailed this past summer reported not seeing it open until a lot closer.  No consistency.  Are you surprised? lol

On 1/23/2019 at 2:14 PM, tiny260 said:

On Allure (Not sure of the others) which I just got off of, if you have to go stand by line, look up on deck 7, either side, which is where the rock climbing walls are and you can only get to them from the Aqua theater deck 6, there are 3-4 deck chairs up there, I watched them one night while I was already seated and it seemed like they didn't get used until the main level had filled up. The show I was at which was the 2nd night was standing room only, it was packed.

Cool!  Thank you.  Hope you had an amazing trip!!! Jane