Harmony * Labadee incident

21 minutes ago, averbeck said:

I’m onboard this sailing.  Our stateroom attendant said it was someone around 30.  But this kind of situation the rumors fly.

my only comment regarding that other post was it was not that sunny today.  Maybe it was taken near the end of the day and it had started to clear up

Are you indicating the pictures from that cruise critic post are not authentic? 

I have now been informed by a reliable source that the incident involved a minor who attempted to go around the balcony partition via the safety rail and ended up slipping and falling onto the concrete pier @ Labadee. The incident should be news once the Harmony returns to Fort Lauderdale on Sunday. 

52 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I have now been informed by a reliable source that the incident involved a minor who attempted to go around the balcony partition via the safety rail and ended up slipping and falling onto the concrete pier @ Labadee. The incident should be news once the Harmony returns to Fort Lauderdale on Sunday. 

That's really sad.  How horrible for the family.  Every cruise, I give my kids the balcony/railing lecture that results in a lot of eye rolls.  I think I'll continue giving my lecture.  

Just now, melski94 said:

That's really sad.  How horrible for the family.  Every cruise, I give my kids the balcony/railing lecture that results in a lot of eye rolls.  I think I'll continue giving my lecture.  

Yep, I’m with you on that. The first thing I do is move back the chairs and table and then the lecture about safety. 

Just now, melski94 said:

I give my kids the balcony/railing lecture that results in a lot of eye rolls.  I think I'll continue giving my lecture.  

Same here.

I've been wondering though...Why would one attempt to go around a balcony partition from Deck 16?  There's nothing there except deck chairs....

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Same here.

I've been wondering though...Why would one attempt to go around a balcony partition from Deck 16?  There's nothing there except deck chairs....

Maybe the incident didn't occur from 16. Could be they closed off the area on 16 while the incident was being worked directly below on the pier.

On 1/12/2019 at 8:28 AM, tonyfsu21 said:

Oh, that's heartbreaking.  It's impossible for me to imagine the sadness that the family is going through right now.  

In the 70’s, the hot place for spring break during high school and college in the Atlanta area was Daytona Beach, FL. Almost every year there was someone who died from trying to cross from one balcony to another (as with the 16yo boy that just lost his life doing this on a RCL ship). I think at that age it just doesn’t occur to you that you can die, they feel invincible. Such a sad ending and such a horror for his family.

19 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

In the 70’s, the hot place for spring break during high school and college in the Atlanta area was Daytona Beach, FL. Almost every year there was someone who died from trying to cross from one balcony to another (as with the 16yo boy that just lost his life doing this on a RCL ship). I think at that age it just doesn’t occur to you that you can die, they feel invincible. Such a sad ending and such a horror for his family.

Yep. During the late 80's they would screw the sliding glass doors closed during spring break.