Changing Roomies on Board / Charges to the room

MeaganA

Hi Cruise Lovers!

I have been following this board for a couple months now and want to say thank you to everyone that contributes to this blog! Everyone is so friendly and I love living through you all until our next cruise.

This will be my second cruise on RC. So still a newbie here. 

However, we are traveling with a party of 15 on the IOS in April! My grandparents, my dad and step mom and my sisters family as well as my family of 4. My grandparents are Diamond and my parents are Platinum. Therefore, in order to get the biggest bang for our buck our TA split the 4 of them up and put one in each of our rooms in order to help split the discount among all 4 rooms. Although it saved us money it has certainly made things complicated to figure out.

I have a 12DD and a 15DD that are booked under another room. And my husband and I are in a separate room. I understand that where you end up sleeping doesn't matter and we finally figured out how much each family owed, but, now I'm trying to figure out how to fix things so that my two DDs are not charging things to another persons room while on the boat.  Has anyone else done this, what can we do to make this less complicated? Can I buy the kids prepaid cards or something to use on the boat or what are my options? Any advice on this would be appreciated. 

Thank you in advance!

If it is a fully booked cruise, most likely, it won't happen. IF and it's a very tight "IF", there is a no show and withing your same category AND interior, ocean, etc., you might be lucky. "IF" it is not in your same category, you're lucked out. You would have to go to Guest Services and see. If you see a sing up on Guest Services that the ship is fully booked, I wouldn't even bother.

4 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

If it is a fully booked cruise, most likely, it won't happen. IF and it's a very tight "IF", there is a no show and withing your same category AND interior, ocean, etc., you might be lucky. "IF" it is not in your same category, you're lucked out. You would have to go to Guest Services and see. If you see a sing up on Guest Services that the ship is fully booked, I wouldn't even bother.

I'm not sure what you are saying might happen if its not a fully booked cruise. I'm confused!

Just now, coneyraven said:

First of all, charges don't go to the room, they go to the individual SeaPass Card, no the cabin, so, it is easy keep things separated that way.  You have to assign a credit card number to each SeaPass Card to enable charging privilages. 

Ok great! I think this is what I needed to know. So when we go online to do the online check in? The kids obviously wont go online individually and check themselves in. So I wasn't sure where we would make this change. Would we go to guest services on the boat when we board and have them link the seapass cards to the cards of my children?

I'm assuming that when you get on the ship that the individual families will be put back together and all sleeping with whom they are supposed to? As an example you, your husband and the 2 DD are now in separate room to achive the discount, you all will want to sleep in the same room I assume?

From what I have read you need to go to Guest services and get the Seapass card recoded.

On the charging part, what people above has said is the way I understand it.

Just now, MeaganA said:

Would we go to guest services on the boat when we board and have them link the seapass cards to the cards of my children

For the charging part you can do that when you check in at the port.

If all of the reservations are linked you might be able to do it online before you get to the port.

I've only been doing it for 2 people and just automatically link the same CC to the Seapass cards.

15 minutes ago, MeaganA said:

Ok great! I think this is what I needed to know. So when we go online to do the online check in? The kids obviously wont go online individually and check themselves in. So I wasn't sure where we would make this change. Would we go to guest services on the boat when we board and have them link the seapass cards to the cards of my children?

That's exactly what you do ...

About 5 years ago I had a similar situation.  My son was sharing a cabin with my brother and nephew.  When I checked in on-line the process asked me if there are other guests I need to check in.  I answered yes and was able to check just my son in and have his sea pass card tied to my credit card.  My sister did the same for my nephew and my brother checked in just for himself.  As I recall it was quite easy which is unusual for RC on-line products.  This was important not only for the sea pass card but it also allowed me to sign all the required paperwork including waivers for my son and let RC know I was responsible for him.

If you only want to have the kids linked to your credit card and they are not going to have access to your room then you can just link them online. If you want them to have access to your room and sleep their with you then you need to go to guest services on ship for them to redo their seapass cards.

We just did this.  Link your reservations online and when you check in it asks about the credit card for each person.  Put in which card you want each individual person to be charged to so they don't go on anyone else's bill.  Then when onboard go to guest service for extra room keys which say "Extra Key" on them and give the kids their new room keys.  They will use their regular sail & sign card for charges and the extra key to enter your room.  Very easy.  Did I explain that well enough?

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:08 PM, Hoski said:

We just did this.  Link your reservations online and when you check in it asks about the credit card for each person.  Put in which card you want each individual person to be charged to so they don't go on anyone else's bill.  Then when onboard go to guest service for extra room keys which say "Extra Key" on them and give the kids their new room keys.  They will use their regular sail & sign card for charges and the extra key to enter your room.  Very easy.  Did I explain that well enough?

Yes! Thank you everyone. I went online and was able to go ahead and check them in and put them on my credit card and I will just go get extra keys at the guest services on board. Thank you all!