Text/chat with phone app on Harmony?

15 hours ago, cruiser4406 said:

Do you know if you can text/chat with the phone app on Harmony?

Harmony still uses Royal iQ which does have a text feature, however it does have an additional cost. 

You might consider buying the internet since the cost of the chat feature is half way there, or using texting while roaming.

• 3 weeks later...

Sailing Harmony on Feb 3 with a larger family group.  We will have a few Vroom packages among the adults, so I would think using a web messenger might be a good way to go for us to communicate among our mix of iPhone and Android devices.  (We had some issues with the generic iPhone texting on our last cruise.)  Have not looked into the old Royal IQ app to see if there would be any advantage to going that route on Harmony...assuming it is still working OK.  

@cruiser4406 would love to hear what app your family used to stay in touch during your Jan 20 Harmony cruise.

31 minutes ago, cruiser4406 said:

Just got back from Harmony cruise (awesome)! Whatsapp works with vroom, but other than that, if you did not purchase an internet package it didn't work.  Harmony did not support the Royal IQ app.

Thanks for the feedback, @cruiser4406!  We will have a few Vroom codes to spread among our family, so I think Whatsapp should work for us.  Also good to know Royal IQ is no longer works on Harmony.

By the way, did a drink card appear a few days into your cruise?  We opted against a drink package this time, but I have noticed more aggressive drink package pricing on CP over the last week or so for Harmony next week, which makes me think they may be behind a bit in their pre-sales.  

They did not seem to offer the discounted drink package on Harmony as they have on the other ships. I am going on Symphony in March so I will be anxious to compare the two. 

The adult only pool was very windy, so we moved to another one and it was much better  never felt too crowded.  

Loved the guacamole at mini bites! Chops was excellent but our server wasn’t as great as others.  Went to Sabor for lunch, it was good.   Tried to go to Jamie’s but couldn’t get a reservation that fit our time schedule.  Had early dining time and as always, it was excellent  

Do not miss any shows!  All of them were exceptional! Hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did!

3 hours ago, cruiser4406 said:

The adult only pool was very windy, so we moved to another one and it was much better  never felt too crowded.  

The Solarium was windy on Harmony? I have always found the Solarium on O class to be stifling sometimes, especially if it is a warm sea day, usually not a lot of wind unless you are directly in front of one of the windows. I havn't been on Harmony since 2016 so maybe they changed somethings around.

6 hours ago, cruiser4406 said:

They did not seem to offer the discounted drink package on Harmony as they have on the other ships. I am going on Symphony in March so I will be anxious to compare the two. 

I would not expect any drink packages to be cheaper onboard on a per day basis compared to buying pre-cruise, but I was wondering if any bars began offering a "drink card" a few days into the cruise.   On some cruises I've seen them sell a drink card a few days into the cruise--with signage at the bar advertising when they do this--say, for ~$75 for 10 bar drinks.  Anyone in your group can use it, which is also nice plus.  Guessing you did not see this on your Harmony cruise, but thought I would double-check.

And thanks, @cruiser4406 for the updates on your recent Harmony cruise about the adult pool and using Whatsapp with Vroom!