Mobile App - putting things on the calendar????

FloridaMac

54 minutes ago, FloridaMac said:

I downloaded the mobile app.  It has a great list of things to do, and it has a personal calendar.  Problem is, there doesn't seem to be any way of putting the activities, shows, etc. on my calendar.  Anyone know how this works?  

That functionality may not be available yet

56 minutes ago, Cez said:

All shows and excursions booked through cruise planner are inserted into My Calendar 

Yes all my excursions purchased & shows I've scheduled each night show up in my calendar on the app including my nightly dinner times

Well , 

From my experience until now : Even if you see the activities on your personal calendar take a paper backup of the important things ...

When I was on the Allure , before the embarkation I saw everything was there , after the embarkation it vanished  . I am sure in few months the application will become stable and reliable , until then its a nice to have.   

I'm sailing on Allure in a couple months, and I have the correct cruise selected on my mobile app.  But the other day, it had Independence of the Seas shown as my ship in the app instead of Allure.  (I have no cruises, past or future booked on Indep.)  I only realized something was wrong when I didn't recognize some of the restaurant names and the big theater name that it was showing.  It's back to showing me Allure info now.  I think we all need to take any info on the mobile app with a grain of salt and just a "jumping off" point for information for the foreseeable future. ?

1 hour ago, Brobbins246 said:

I'm sailing on Allure in a couple months, and I have the correct cruise selected on my mobile app.  But the other day, it had Independence of the Seas shown as my ship in the app instead of Allure.  (I have no cruises, past or future booked on Indep.)  I only realized something was wrong when I didn't recognize some of the restaurant names and the big theater name that it was showing.  It's back to showing me Allure info now.  I think we all need to take any info on the mobile app with a grain of salt and just a "jumping off" point for information for the foreseeable future. ?

Similar experience.  Last week the app picked only one of seven app eligible cruises as being app eligible even though other cruises on the same ship were not app eligible.  

It's a work in progress.  Very, slow, progress.  

2 hours ago, Brobbins246 said:

Now today, my calendar on the app is completely blank, and for all the ship-wide info (non-personal calendar stuff) it shows me days 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8.  I guess I'll just stay in my room on day 6. ?  

That happened to me too when we sailed Indy last month. It came back again eventually.  And even on board, the cruise compass did not match up with the events on the app. We just used the paper compass.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:25 AM, FloridaMac said:

I downloaded the mobile app.  It has a great list of things to do, and it has a personal calendar.  Problem is, there doesn't seem to be any way of putting the activities, shows, etc. on my calendar.  Anyone know how this works?  

Not sure if you figured it out yet, but anything you wanna add to your personal calendar, swipe to the left and hit the "add to calendar" button

16 minutes ago, Brobbins246 said:

Yep, Android girl here.  I'll chalk it up to that.

This makes me feel better I’m not missing something.  I have an Android too.  Are you UP or lower mich?  I grew up in the Detroit area...go red wings, tigers, pistons and ok lions (I’m a true fan I guess!). Jane

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you go on the single day view, you can tap on a time and an “add activity” button appears.  Then select “personalized activity”.  Just be sure to select the end time BEFORE you type everything in because when you change the time, everything you typed disappears.  Then select the people on the reservation that the activity applies to and click “add to calendar”. 

The only problem is this:  We are part of a group that has training sessions.  I went to add all of our workshops into my calendar so it’s all in one place.

I added a workshop 5-7:30 on day 2.  I tried to add it on day 3 and it adds a 2nd on day 2.  Same for group dinners.  If you try to add a similar activity at the same time on another day, it adds it to the first day you had that.  When you look at the calendar,  you see a colored square on the activity indicating who in your party the activity is for.

The more times I tried to add the workshop on day 2, the more squares on the same activity on day 1 kept appearing.

Stupid.

(along with the stupidity that you can’t book the same spa service for more than 1 person in your party.  Spa services default to # of people as 1 and then you can’t add it again because it says “already in cart”.  I called the 800 number and said “you mean to tell me that with thousands of people on this ship, they have 1 of those spa services available the entire cruise?”  They said “no but that’s how the system is set up, sorry we can’t book it”)

29 minutes ago, Doggidr said:

If you go on the single day view, you can tap on a time and an “add activity” button appears.  Then select “personalized activity”.  Just be sure to select the end time BEFORE you type everything in because when you change the time, everything you typed disappears.  Then select the people on the reservation that the activity applies to and click “add to calendar”. 

The only problem is this:  We are part of a group that has training sessions.  I went to add all of our workshops into my calendar so it’s all in one place.

I added a workshop 5-7:30 on day 2.  I tried to add it on day 3 and it adds a 2nd on day 2.  Same for group dinners.  If you try to add a similar activity at the same time on another day, it adds it to the first day you had that.  When you look at the calendar,  you see a colored square on the activity indicating who in your party the activity is for.

The more times I tried to add the workshop on day 2, the more squares on the same activity on day 1 kept appearing.

Stupid.

(along with the stupidity that you can’t book the same spa service for more than 1 person in your party.  Spa services default to # of people as 1 and then you can’t add it again because it says “already in cart”.  I called the 800 number and said “you mean to tell me that with thousands of people on this ship, they have 1 of those spa services available the entire cruise?”  They said “no but that’s how the system is set up, sorry we can’t book it”)

Thinking this is phone specific.  I signed in and out a couple times and show reservations finally showed up...but our Royal excursion is not there.   And there is definitely not the option to add an activity showing in general cruise planner to my calendar   

Where us the sing out/ sign in again?  Can't even find that option to try again. ?

I am having similar issues.  Not everything I have in cruisebplanner has carried over to the app.  In one case, the app shows us docking in Rostand instead of Falmouth, so my excursion in Falmouth is not in the app.  Hoping it clears up before our cruise in early June.

• 7 months later...

Be careful that you do not rely entirely on the app to schedule your day. Just finished a cruise on Liberty and there were programs that appeared on the app but were not on the printed planner. We showed up for the show (jazz band) along with several others and we were disappointed when the band set up and then disappeared. When we asked the Guest Services they just shrugged and told us the app does not necessarily get updated during the cruise and to use the planner.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...