Maya Chan questions

spiralqueen

I'm looking to book Maya Chan for an upcoming cruise because it looks amazing, but I have a couple of questions before I pull the trigger.

1. I read the FAQ on Maya Chan's website about their cancellation policy, but didn't see it addressed on if they give refunds if you change your mind before the cruise leaves or if you can't go on the cruise at all. Does anyone know or have experience on their policy for this? 
  2. Also how far in the future have you made reservations before? Is May 2020 too far out to book now? 
  3. What sort of non-alcoholic drink options are offered there? 2/3 of our group is sober and we are wondering if we can get things like virgin daiquiris or other yummy virgin drinks that are more fun than water or soda.
  4. Did I read something about a new pool addition now? Or am I conflating it with another resort?

Thanks in advance for all the help! 

24 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

I read the FAQ on Maya Chan's website about their cancellation policy, but didn't see it addressed on if they give refunds if you change your mind before the cruise leaves or if you can't go on the cruise at all. Does anyone know or have experience on their policy for this? 

Here's a link to the Maya Chan cancellation policy: http://costamayabeachresort.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/cancellation-policy.pdf

25 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

Also how far in the future have you made reservations before? Is May 2020 too far out to book now? 

Maya Chan does tend to sell out, so if they will take your reservation, I'd book it as soon as you can.

25 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

What sort of non-alcoholic drink options are offered there? 2/3 of our group is sober and we are wondering if we can get things like virgin daiquiris or other yummy virgin drinks that are more fun than water or soda.

They have a pretty decent bar selection. My kids enjoyed plenty of virgin mocktails, such as Shirley Temples, daiquiris and pina coladas.

26 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

Did I read something about a new pool addition now? Or am I conflating it with another resort?

Yes new pool added this fall. Here's an overview of our visit here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/11/21/symphony-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-four-costa-maya

DSC01184.jpg

A little off topic but we visited Maya Chan last May (2018) and had an awesome time.  We highly recommend it.  And this was in spite of the icky water and sea grass (which I read has gotten better).   JUST GO!  We loved it so much that we booked another cruise for early next year that stops in Costa Maya just so we could go back there.   As others have described, when we assembled at the meeting point we were shown pictures of the beach taken that morning and could have cancelled.  One of the others had been there several times before and convinced us to go (so glad we listened to her). 

Lunch tip:  Try a sea bass soft taco...  Yum!!      Also, if you like playing with dogs, take a small bag of dog treats.  We had a blast playing with one of their dogs on the beach.