How do y'all do it?

6 hours ago, BTE said:

I'd like to be retired  LOL but I still spend time planning cruises or at least thinking about it!

Yeah, this. ??

10 more years to minimum retirement age. Would like to do it that early on, but I think it's more likely I'll end up having to work to the usual 65 (or whatever the modified age is where I can also start withdrawing Social Security). In the meantime, I'm getting by with 1 cruise a year (but doing to my best to make each one as memorable as possible via itinerary).

On 1/14/2019 at 4:04 PM, JLMoran said:

Yeah, this. ??

10 more years to minimum retirement age. Would like to do it that early on, but I think it's more likely I'll end up having to work to the usual 65 (or whatever the modified age is where I can also start withdrawing Social Security). In the meantime, I'm getting by with 1 cruise a year (but doing to my best to make each one as memorable as possible via itinerary).

Getting close myself 8 years (would love to be able to retire at 62) but will have to go to 65 so I can get on medicare. Plan is to take at least 1 cruise per year with maybe 2 occasionally.

Getting the itch to add #8 now, trying to restrain myself.

And nevermind being productive after the cruise, try the last week before.  Got 4 days to go, at work now, and all I'm doing is sitting at the desk, looking at the cruise schedule.  Spent the last few work nights sitting at the desk browsing excursions for what I already have booked.  

Just now, PocketsRN said:

Getting the itch to add #8 now, trying to restrain myself.

And nevermind being productive after the cruise, try the last week before.  Got 4 days to go, at work now, and all I'm doing is sitting at the desk, looking at the cruise schedule.  Spent the last few work nights sitting at the desk browsing excursions for what I already have booked.  

This cruise addiction is bad isn’t it? I know that the closer that I get to my cruise the more useless I become at work.  I’m just glad that the firewall at my jobs allow this website as well as RCCL through otherwise I’d be in trouble!!??

4 hours ago, PocketsRN said:

This has been my night at work.  Nothing like using company time, company equipment, and company ink to get ready.

Good man, do this myself and then... "borrow" a document folder so I have all my hard copies together, in order and right where I can grab them when I need them.

I'm a delight to travel with lol

6 hours ago, PocketsRN said:

Lol, I was thinking the same thing!

I keep copies of all my papers, for my, uh, scrapbook, I guess you can say, and those I usually reprint at home so I have them in color.

I don't even have a color printer at home. I found out that if you only need to print things once every 3-4 months an ink jet printer is absolutely useless and opted for a laser printer.  

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I can definitely say I am more productive after a cruise.  Got back on the 27th, and can say this past week's been one of the most productive I've had in a while.  A couple days ago I noticed a change, though.  I sail again on Friday, and seems the post-cruise euphoria from one wore off just in time to transition straight into the pre-cruise anxiety of the next, and I'm in full-blown useless mode again.