How do y'all do it?

2 hours ago, cmdrfrag said:

Two monitors ?

One for work, one for the Blog and checking prices
I am now in the "we'll see" stage regarding our next cruise with the wife

I'm sort of a +2 on this --- only it's multiple tabs, pages open, so I can switch from work pages to this page.

1 hour ago, FloridaCruiseGirl1210 said:

What is work productivity? 

My cruise is still 290 days out and I've been researching and planning...

work productivity   SHH! don't tell my boss but I've been spending a lot of time on this site & researching for cruises.  Allure  Jan 2019, Ovation Alaska Aug 2019, & ??? Early 2020

I have 7 monitors at work.   One is always dedicated to cruise research (I don't believe that was its original intention, but there it is).  I don't get to choose how productive I am, it's either busy or it's dead (this time of year, it's pretty much dead between midnight and 6am), so I have a LOT of time to plan/dream. Plus it keeps me awake (usually).

Our next cruise is 8 wees away and have hard time concentrating and am always looking at cruise stuff.  Two days a week I work from home and especially hard on those days not to surf the net. 

P.S. Most days I dislike work but I keep working so we can cruise (well that and so we can send our kids to university...lol)

12 hours ago, HtownHolly said:

Also, anxiously watching and waiting for my C&A status to switch from Pre-Gold, lol. It's been 10 days!

They say it can take up to 2 weeks after the sailing for C&A points to get added and to move your statuse from Pre-Gold to Gold or if you just needed a few more points then you would be moved up to the next C&A tier level. I got off Oasis on December 9th and noticed about 1 week later that my points from that sailing were added. 

14 hours ago, coneyraven said:

I'm sort of a +2 on this --- only it's multiple tabs, pages open, so I can switch from work pages to this page.

Since I am a 911 dispatcher, I have 6 monitors for work and 1 personal computer to surf cruise stuff. Good thing my job forces me to be a good multitasker! ? Counting down the days until Freedom! 8 days!

13 hours ago, lauraodonnell86 said:

Since I am a 911 dispatcher, I have 6 monitors for work and 1 personal computer to surf cruise stuff. Good thing my job forces me to be a good multitasker! ? Counting down the days until Freedom! 8 days!

@lauraodonnell86  me too!!! Although they banned personal devices at my center so I just use one of my multiple monitors for cruise-related things, LOL.

Just now, lauraodonnell86 said:

Bummer! I dread the day that happens in ours. That's the only way I get through the long 12 hour midnight shifts!! ?

I'm on dog shift, too. Usually 10 hour (9pm-7am), but we're so understaffed that it's often 14 hours (or on my supposed weekends).  I've got Free Cell down to a science. 

1 hour ago, Fuzzywuzzy said:

I'm a retired LEO

11 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

My husband is also a LEO!

Ummm, what does your astrological sign have to do with coping skills? I mean, I'm an Aquarius and learning all about this stuff scratches my sign's "gotta learn it all" itch, but it doesn't really help with the waiting for the next embarkation.

And I still can't figure out how one "retires" from their Sun Sign... ??

Just now, JLMoran said:

Ummm, what does your astrological sign have to do with coping skills? I mean, I'm an Aquarius and learning all about this stuff scratches my sign's "gotta learn it all" itch, but it doesn't really help with the waiting for the next embarkation.

And I still can't figure out how one "retires" from their Sun Sign... ??

It's definitely a learned skill ?