Key West

So we're going on our honeymoon out of Miami on Allure April 28th - May 5th. We are then heading to Key West for 3 nights. I'm curious of things to do and places to eat that are can't miss. We're definitely planning on going to the Southern Most Point buoy (which I'm secretly SUPER excited about), but I need some other interesting things. More budget friendly the better.

I just spent a day in Key West and did the following:

Toured the Truman Little White House - This was interesting particularly if you have an interest in Presidential history. Tour was about $20 a person for 45-60 minute tour.

Toured the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum - I did not find this tour as interesting as the Little White House and it's a little chaotic because they allow people not on the tour to enter and exit areas where the tour is currently operating.  If you go here bring cash (about $15 per person) as they do not  accept credit cards

On the budget friendly side:

Definitely watch the sunset at Mallory Square, get there at least 30 minutes early to get a space near the water.  There are also a bunch of "street' performers there if that interests you. 

We went to the southernmost point.  Really just a picture spot, nothing else to do there but you have to say you were there if you go to Key West

Walk Duval Street from Mallory Square (bay side) to the Ocean.  Lots of window shopping and people watching to do and gives you a great feel of Key West. I would guess its about 15 blocks long.

Sorry, can't recommend any of the beaches or water sports as we didn't have time.

Lastly, I wanted to visit Dry Tortugas Park, located West of Key West but it was all booked up that day.  It's an all day excursion to the park/fort but it is a little expensive, you can get more information here:

https://www.nps.gov/drto/index.htm

Hope this helps, congratulations and have a great time.

Breakfast at Blue Heaven is a must. Grab some conch fritters by the pool at the Casa Marina Hotel (great place!). Book a sunset cruise on the Fury catamaran (must do). You cannot experience KW the right way without renting a scooter to get around. Dinner at Abbondaza after your sunset cruise. Key West is my second home so if you have any other questions let me know.