Falmouth Port

mickjacket

I wouldn't go to just any beach on Jamaica, unless it is a guided beach excursion.

With that said, in July I went with "Resortforaday" and picked out a Hyatt resort, it wasn't cheap but it was all inclusive and worth it to me. Beautiful beach and multiple pools. Service and food was excellent.

There are a number of us who had a very bad experience with the Bamboo Beach Club.  It was a horrific hot mess but that may have been due to our very LARGE party.  At any rate, that is the only on with which I have personal experience.  You may also want to consider the amount of commute time for the various excursions.  Be sure and find out how long the drive is.  That was ONE of the many problems we had with the Bamboo Beach deal.  Since Falmouth is a relatively new port, there are few excursions in the immediate area.  It's a long bus ride to the other side where most of the established excursions are.

One thing's for sure. Tiny260 is right - stay with an organized tour, whatever you do.

43 minutes ago, mickjacket said:

3. Bamboo Beach Club

Went here and it was oversold.  Too many people from different cruises.  Moreover, service was spotty, as in "where's the server" happened too many times.

Would not recommend.

DSC_0360.jpg

DSC_0366.jpg

44 minutes ago, mickjacket said:

.Blue water beach transfer. 

This is another oversold trap. 

Full review here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/03/15/excursion-focus-blue-waters-beach-escape-falmouth

It's certainly convenient, with a very short ride.  But would not recommend either.

Wife and I did the Blue water beach transfer and it was ok for quick access to a rather decent beach. There are facilities there and DJ music. Pros: low cost,  quick bus ride, open time return unless you get a AI band package, relatively clean with some seaweed, was not bothered by trinket sellers. Cons: not the highest quality beach, only to shoulder depth at deepest part. Had an OK time but maybe should have just stayed on a less crowded ship and enjoyed. Brought our own water bottles and snacks. I think chairs and umbrella ran $15 with tip.

Beach day excursions in Jamaica tend to be really expensive. There used to be a place called Red Stripe Beach that was really affordable but I think it closed a few years ago. It wasn't the nicest beach by any means but it was close, really affordable, and had great jerk chicken. I wish every port was like Cozumel where you have a massive selection of all inclusive beach days for $60 per person.